Applying for second UK British passport from UAE

Back to Forum
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• DamianGriffiths
    Participant

Hello,

Wondering if anyone has experience in applying for their second UK passport for business travel in the UAE.

I’ve read the websites which mainly refer to filling out the form collected from the post office. I have then gone through the online application although there’s a 404 error on the page when uploading the photos.

If any one has applied for their passport from the UAE it would be good to get some advice including the duration you were without the passport whilst the application was being proposed.

D

K1ngston
    Participant

Damian, I didn’t apply from the UAE I applied from Singapore and also had the error when uploading the picture as it was too big, you may need to reduce the size.

You could make the application for a second passport and therefore not lose your original one, might be worth thinking about?

Secondly I made an appointment at the PO in London and had my new passport within 10 mins so if that’s the route its well worth it if you are heading back home?

Good luck anyway

alainboy56
    Participant

@DamianGriffiths – I am also here in UAE and whilst I do not know about a ‘second’ passport I know that HM Embassy in AD is useless. I used to renew my regular passport there, however, H.M. Govt started to make things complicated (as usual) and ceased renewing them many, many moons ago, and now send them (as I was last informed) to Dusseldorf ?*%#!*!? and it took a minimum of 8 weeks!!! I remember telling the (Indian) lady, I need my passport every 8 days – I CANNOT WAIT 8 WEEKS – (by the way if you go to the Italian Embassy there are Italians, and also in the French, there are French – both still renewing passports for their Nationals last time I checked with my Euro colleagues – but why when I go to HM Govt Embassy in AD, there I believe no Brits that you can speak to – they are all having garden BBQ’s on tax payers money I guess. They also don’t certify documents there anymore either as I found it a few years ago, so I beg to ask what DO THEY DO?)

I now book on-line for a visit to UK Passport Office, find the most convenient location/waiting time, fly to ol blighty and do it in a matter of 3 hours. Yes it does cost more, but believe me its well worth it.

2 users thanked author for this post.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls