Appalling Seats on Scoot Plus

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

• Kopite
    Participant

Remember when Scoot was first launched by Singapore Airlines and the called their premium cabin “ScootBiz” ?

They bit so much negative feedback that their senior management must have realised that as the cabin is nothing like business class they should reboot and just call it Scoot Plus.

Well I’ve just taken my first Scoot Plus flight SIN-PER on a 787.

The staff onboard are very pleasant in a Singapore Airlines kind of way but of course they are working with a massively inferior product and if you do have any problems with Scoot there’s seemingly no customer service number to call only a website run by “bots”.

I am trying to complain about my premium cabin seat on a carrier that is 100% owned by SIA but am having almost no luck getting a response from either a bot or a human being.

I am trying to enclose photos for you all to enjoy.

1 user thanked author for this post.

Kopite
    Participant

Sorry photo files are too large to post

MartinJ
    Participant

Hello Kopite, maybe you could describe for us what was wrong with the seat? Thanks.

EU_Flyer
    Participant

All agreed. My frustration is when SQ codeshare on Scoot long haul. Some of the fares ex Europe are ridiculous in Plus but seem to be justified on the basis that it’s a SQ flight number. I avoid SQ for that reason.

AMcWhirter
    Participant

Scoot Plus photos from the website.

2-3-2 layout on B787. 38 ins of pitch.

Looks more like a good premium economy seat.

https://www.flyscoot.com/en/plan/booking-your-flight/scootplus

MarkCymru
    Participant

That’s exactly what it is — a really nice premium economy seat. Scoot couldn’t be clearer about what to expect on the website. It’s like North American first class, Icelandair Saga Class and how Virgin premium used to be. It’s not as good as Norse Atlantic (which — in its previous incarnation — I took from London to Singapore) but it’s completely fine for Singapore – Hong Kong (which is where I think I flew it). BTW, those seats are over 2 inches wider than BA’s 2-4-2 business class seats

Kopite
    Participant

I’d love to post photos but my files seem too large. Unbelievable state of the seat. I have to try and reduce photo sizes to post them. Head rest was cracked and so badly worn I had to ask the crew to get me some paper to cover the head rest as there was no way I was going to put my head on that fabric. Seatbelt covers dirty and cracked in summary it was the worst condition of an airline seat I’ve ever experienced in 50 years of travel. Let me try to post photos later after reducing in size. You won’t believe them.

AMcWhirter
    Participant

[quote quote=1348261]I’d love to post photos but my files seem too large. Unbelievable state of the seat.[/quote]

I look forward to seeing the photos when available, Kopite.

From your initial posting I thought you were referring to the standard of the seat (in other words not offering a lot of space or comfort) but I hadn’t realised it was because of poor maintenance.

Kopite
    Participant

Photos reformatted see below.

3 users thanked author for this post.

Kopite
    Participant

This was by far the worst airline seat I’ve experienced in 50 years of travel. Its really hard to get through to anyone at Scoot. Singapore Airlines make the experience of handling customer service at Scoot almost impossible hoping you will just give up. Remember this was Scoot Plus their premium cabin offering !!

My first reporting of this experience took them 10 days to respond and then when I pushed back on their bland BOT reply they have now “escalated” my complaint so let’s see what, if anything, happens.
    No wonder they are cheap compared to Tier1 carriers as if anything goes wrong you are on your own and Singapore Airlines won’t help.

I can’t expect any help from national press like The Straits Times as they tend not to attack their advertisers in public.

cwoodward
    Participant

This by far the worst seat that I can remember seeing on any sort of scheduled airline let alone in a premium cabin.
    The airline should be ashamed – should offer a full refund and deliver some sort of explanation.
    AT THE VERY LEAST
    Good fodder for a piece in the UK Daily F(M)ail plus other online forums.

4 users thanked author for this post.

Woodpecker
    Participant

Am aghast at the photos, these are a revelation. Really hard to imagine any airline, let alone a SQ subsidiary being so shambolic.

Kopite, could you confirm the aircraft was in Scoot livery? Am only asking in case Scoot had taken this on lease from some other airline (or a product of the erstwhile Tiger Air?), which may be a plausible reason. Even so, nothing should justify such neglect.

Wonder if anyone from the airlines ever come onto & scrutinize these forums, it would be nice to get a reply.

Kopite
    Participant

Full Scoot livery a 787 Dreamliner (sic) SIN-PER 21st Feb TR16. No wet lease a full Scoot operated plane.

AMcWhirter
    Participant

Thanks for posting the photos Kopite.

Never before have I seen an airline seat in such a state.

To be honest the condition is so bad that the matter ought to be drawn to the attention of CAAS (Singapore’s Civil Aviation Authority).

I say that because it harms the image of Singapore and the SIA Group.

As you know we have many LCCs here in Europe but even they would not operate a flight with seating in such condition.

Zoe
    Participant

I also just had my first experience flying the premium service. I hadn’t expected much but my seat was in a similar state but worse than that was the filth. The floor, the tray table, the toilets and even the curtain to the galley. It was all so grimy it was disgusting. I really couldn’t believe they would fly in that state. Certainly made me question the state of the engines!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls