APEC Card for UK residents…..

Back to Forum
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• MartynSinclair
    Participant

I know there was some threads a few years back about APEC cards and the difficulty of UK residents in being able to apply.

However, I was recently “told” that a UK citizen with USA Global Entry is able to apply for the APEC card on the basis of being considered a “Trusted Traveller”.

Does anyone know if this is the case and has any one UK based been able to successfully apply for the APEC card?

Thank you in advance.

K1ngston
    Participant

Martyn obviously living in the region I have tried everything to get a card without success, the reason quoted is that the UK is not anywhere near the Pacific! For me it would be invaluable. I dont believe that one correlates with the other where the Global Entry is concerned

Woodpecker
    Participant

Hello Martyn,

If a person is a permanent resident of Hong Kong, he/she is eligible to apply for the APEC card irrespective of the nationality. The application needs to be made via the country in which the person is a resident.

Hope this helps.

PS: Edited, as previously mentioned Hong Kong & Singapore, now corrected.

stevescoots
    Participant

One of the reasons i am going ahead with my HK residency, with no plan actually live there. I had China residency (stripped from me on day one of Covid after 18 years) and have Vn but only HK one allows Uk passport holders to have Apec

1 user thanked author for this post.

cwoodward
    Participant

Steve is 100% correct – I have had one for many years but first obtained mine when I had AU residency (although I never actually lived there full time).
    I have British friends who are long term residence who have cards
    It has proved very useful on occasions.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls