Anyone used airbnb.co.uk?

Back to Forum
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• Anonymous

SergeantMajor
    Participant

Has anyone used this site to let their property during an extended business stay abroad; seems like an easy way to generate additional income, and tax free up to £4,500 apparently.

Sounds slightly risky, but friends report positive experiences.

azidane
    Participant

Hi Sgt Major, I currently have 2 properties that I let on a short term basis using AirBnb and the other providers.

The holiday let/short let business can be profitable if managed correctly as the number and quality of bookings depends on reviews left by previous guests and checking guests in/out and arranging servicing of the apartment can be a headache if not managed properly.

I am currently in the process of researching the prospect of offering a management service for property owners interested in providing their apartments for short term/holiday lets.

When it comes to the rules and regulations surrounding the taxation, legal status etc I would advice that you seek independent advice as different local authorities view short term/holiday lettings differently.

conshaldow
    Participant

airbnb is quite a good service. I was planning on using it for my trip to New York this weekend however I managed to get a very good rate at a nearby hotel in Brooklyn.

A friend of mine has used it and the service seems to be very reliable and safe, as well as offering a cheap alternative to hotel stays. I’d say it can come in handy on weekends where there is a massive event taking place nearby. You can get a real bargain if you look hard enough.

If you have a property and get in touch with possible guests quickly and provide a good service you shouldn’t have a problem making extra income. The website recommends high quality locations receive high quality reviews, prompting future stays. All in all a decent wee website.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls