Anyone flown Silkair

Back to Forum
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• rrakpo
    Participant

Hi All,

I have a flight coming up with SilkAir from SIN-CEB Business class, just wondering has anyone has flown with them? and what their experience was like?

thebigseats
    Participant

Decent enough in Business but not up to, say, Cathay Dragon standards, or their “parent” SQ. Quite a imited menu, and OK-ish quality for F&B, but the crew I experienced have been service-minded enough. The leather seats are similar to US domestic F, with about 38/40’’ pitch.

BrotherJim
    Participant

They are pretty reasonable, though I don’t like the food all that much. A little too local for my liking (despite having lived in Asia now for a number of years).

They are replacing their fleet at the moment, changing from A319/320 to 737-800’s, which are fine for the role. In business they will give you a tablet for IFE (think on flights over 2 hours, but don’t hold me to that), you can also, regardless of class just connect with your own device, unlike other airlines no special app required it is all web based.

Lounge access is also ok, but not available at every port. In SIN it is the SQ Silver Kris lounge, the one in T2 is ok, but not brilliant by any stretch of the imagination.

Overall, the airline does what is says it will do. Simple, no fuss. Pity more European airlines don’t follow Silks lead, yes looking at you BA.

ASEANTraveller
    Participant

One more thing to keep in mind is that whilst SilkAir is a SQ subsidiary, Star Alliance status is typically (IIRC) not recognised (eg lounge access, priority baggage, etc – unless transiting on a single ticket from an SQ flight) and neither are miles earned. Since you are flying in C this should not be an issue, but important to consider when flying in Y and seeking to rely on Star Alliance benefits. I would expect you to have a 7/10 flight. Safe travels!

rrakpo
    Participant

Thank everyone for the info, I am traveling from Europe with LH and so this segment was part of the the overall ticket, the only thing I have found out since booking it is not a direct flight but has a stopover in Davao, which was not mentioned on the LH website when I booked, which was rather disappointing as I would have possibly booked another route if I had known this.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls