Anyone flown Kingfisher 1st?

Back to Forum
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

• Anonymous

MarcusUK
    Participant

Searching for fares to the Far East, Kingfisher has been raised for SIN/ BKK, with some very keen fares.

Anyone experienced their First /business class cabin?
    I am quite intrigued.
    They are alligned to my Skyteam Alliance so all good for the miles…

Have to be honest. TG have gone downhill the last 2 years, old aircraft & fraying seats, MH also great for service but their C cabins are a bit old hat now ( AsiaX taken much of their business), with SQ prob one of the best options, EY/EK also.

The European Airlines LH, KLM, AF, all seem a bit flat & un-exciting these days, never really having the service or feel of the Middle & Far Eastern Airlines. But i hear good things about Swiss on the new cabins on A333’s.

The fares have really rocketed also, + some 30% in the last 2 yrs. A return to Australia from the UK in C is approx £2500-3,500, & Far East £1600+. Inevitably, taxes, security, fuel surcharges, but always more on EU based Airlines.
    JET & Kingfisher seem to have fresh cabins, new designs, & remain a considerable saving on fares…

Very much value any input anyone has on kingfisher.
    Thanks…

JonathanCohen09
    Participant

Hello Mark,

I cannot talk about Kingfisher First from personal experience, I can tell you though that a good friend of mine recently flew on the carrier and said that they were two of the best flights he had ever been on.

He felt that the whole experience, both on the ground at both ends and in the air, was excellent. He also said that for the price too, it was excellent value and that if given the chance he would not hesitate to fly with them again.

In case you are interested you can see some information on the service at http://www.flykingfisher.com .

I hope that this might be of some help to you and am sorry that I cannot talk, on this occassion from personal experience.

Safe travels,

Jonathan

David
    Participant

Hi Mark,

I fly Kingfisher regularly when in India. I’ve found their domestic Economy product on par with most European carriers’ Business Class. Whist I fly BA (Club World) to India I’ve been told by colleagues that the Kingfisher’s Business/First product is very, very good.

BengtJohansson
    Participant

Hi,

Kingfisher First is very good, far superior to most European carriers both in Economy and First (which is what they call their Business). I use them a lot domestically since I am based in India and have tried them on occasions to London. The First Class on the London sector is similar to Emirates Business on their A380’s.

Be wary though, since they only have one class on some international sectors, which is the case from Bangalore to Colombo and Dubai. Then you will be put one of their old repainted Air Deccan aircrafts (India’s first budget carrier which was merged into Kingfisher Airlines a couple of years ago). This can be quite a disappointment if you think you had actually booked First Class but you end up flying something similar to Ryanair.

MarcusUK
    Participant

Hi guys…very kind to take the time thanks.
    I have checked out the website, & also see they are running the A333 on LHR & also the new Far east routes. So it seems they would have the First on these new, & decent leg sectors.
    Certainly they have good prices for premium cabins, but to be honest, many Airlines have gone a bit stale, cut back all over also, & i am looking for something fresh, decent value, & reflective of the current climate, without lessening the small touches of our travel.

Ethically, i will be happy to support such business, as i do with the hotels i choose now.

If i book & take a flight, be happy to pout my comments on here

StephenLondon
    Participant

Personally, I’d worry about about Kingfisher. I flew them in November domestically in November and they were excellent. But, there are plenty of bad news stories domestically in India about their financial position and their ability to carry out long-haul operations. Do a web search and read some of the Indian press reports about fuel payments and tax payments. Many of my Indian colleagues would not fly with them long-haul for fear of being stranded. Instead, they are flying on Gulf-based carriers or European carriers. Just thought I’d add my ha’peth of advice…

bombayteddy
    Participant

Cant comment about Kingfisher First on the international sectors; but their domestic is the BEST in India!

Petericia
    Participant

Kingfisher is a Indian Flight service Provider .they are the no India

Wildgoose
    Participant

While IT are, hands-down, better than BA and VS when it comes to flights to India, IT are by no means cheap when it comes to First Class.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls