Anyone ever used Ercan airport in Cyprus?

Back to Forum
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• Anonymous

m&scava
    Participant

I am sure I have previously seen reference to someone having used this airport on the forum, but can’t for the life of me find it.

Has anyone here ever used it, particularly from a business perspective, as an alternative to Larnaca or Paphos? I’d be particularly interested in experiences in terms of crossing the ‘border’ with significant luggage…

JohnHarper
    Participant

I’ve only just seen this.

How easy it is to cross the border depends on your passport. If it’s an EU passport generally it’s no problem. If you have luggage again it’s generally not a problem though technically you are entering the EU and customs controls can apply. If it is just bags in a car boot I’ve never seen the Greeks look but if it’s a van they are a bit more interested. I’ve only used the Metehan (Agios Dometios if you are coming from the south) crossing by car but I guess they are all the same. Walking through Ledra Street the Greeks barely look at your passport or bags.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls