Another Virgin Marketing Blunder

Back to Forum
Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)

• Deleted User
    Participant

A couple of years ago I was flying Geneva to London on BA. The weather was a little “touch and go”. I noticed a rather irate passenger in the lounge but thought nothing further other than a businessman wanting to get home. Turns out I sat next to the this chap and natuarally we started talking, exchanged business card (his was very cheap and very tacky), which I later learnt was typical for the very successfull businessmen from his country. I made mention of his rather irate mood in the lounge and as natuarally as the sun rises each morning, he explained that he was arguing with his brother, who wouldnt get the family jet out of the hanger at Luton, to fly over to GVA to pick him up! I mentioned that I did have similalr problems last week with the wife.

On landing at Heathrow, we had to wait, as no stand was ready, engines went off and we waited. All of a sudden the CSD came over and beckoned him over. He grabbed me and said we were travelling together.

Doors opened, steps appeared, limo at the steps of the aircraft, we were whisked through the immigration and he asked how I was getting home. It was one of those life changing moments, should I thank him and accept or meet my wife in the prearranged meeting place. On the basis that I still didnt know who this chap was, I took the cowards route and said my wife had come to pick me up.

Natuarally the first thing I did when I got any where near a computer was check Google – I nearly fell of my chair.

So Madonna being let out early, I can at least say, “it happened to me once, so I know what it feels like!’

Happy Christams and here’s to a great 2011.

Travel-guru
    Participant

And the man was…….David Cameron?

dutchyankee
    Participant

Hey JohnWillson1,

Sorry if my comments bother you so much. I thought this was a travel blog, where one can air one’s opinion, which is what I have done.

I have taken your advice, and am currently looking for a life!

FlyingChinaman
    Participant

CMBurchhardt: That gentlman in question has made your day!

Something you can tell your grand children in your golden years!!!!

Merry Christmas to all.

EU_Flyer
    Participant

Great story CMBurchardt!

I say to all you whingers…. BOO HOO to you!

Most people on here travel enough to be upper level frequent flyers and happily accept the benefits that come with that. Express Check in, Lounge Access, Priority Boarding, Upgrades.

How do you think the people stucking waiting for 1 hour checking in feel when they see us do it in 5 minutes.

We all live in a world where status can either be earned or bought. Either way, we relish our status in life. Let’s not begrudge Madge hers. We all secretly wish it was us anyway.

Now…why is this Fast Track line so long, I have dinner waiting for me at the Concorde room. DON’T THEY KNOW WHO I AM??

Merry Christmas!

seanyjmuclhr
    Participant

@AlexUpgrade77 +1!

FlyingChinaman
    Participant

AlexUpgrade77:

In esssence all these privileges (bought and earned) are for the material world so it is only fitting that our MATERIAL GIRL deserves the top priority treatment!!!!!!!!

Merry Christmas to all.

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls