Another System Failure BA UK

Back to Forum
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

• K1ngston
    Participant

I am getting reports that the BA system has crashed at Heathrow, Gatwick and London City again, it has little relevance to me here, but you guys back in the UK may be suffering or will shortly….

Cannot be good for business if this is true

K1ngston
    Participant

The report below may not be as bad as first thought

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-40800183

capetonianm
    Participant

A friend of mine was due to fly from LGW S early this morning and abandoned his trip amongst scenes which the media have described as ‘carnage’, which is of course a ludicrous piece of hyperbole, with the word probably being used by a junior journalist who doesn’t know what it means.

It was ‘chaotic and disorganised’ in his words, with BA stuff frustrated and as ever, the front line staff left to face the flack. No sign of the idiotic and ineffectual Sr. Cruz in his high-viz jacket, probably too busy at the churros stand.

K1ngston
    Participant

and certainly not at LGW capetonianm, Sussex not known for its great churros 🙂

esselle
    Participant

Cruz was last seen running crazily through Waterside shouting “somebody find my hi-viz jacket” but nobody took any notice.

LuganoPirate
    Participant

People moan and groan about BA but still they fly them. If pax voted with their feet perhaps then things will change.

CathayLoyalist2
    Participant

This is the seventh failure over the past few years. In isolation manageable but it’s a further chipping away at BA’s credibility or what’s left of it. Snr Cruz cannot be far away from the dreaded call from WW or the Chairman inviting him over for a chat. If you recall WW’s comment about the way Snr Cruz handled the Whit Bank Holiday fiasco namely “I might have handled it differently” ….. a veiled threat? Anymore cocks up of a certain disruptive magnitude and someone will be sacrificed.

JonathanCohen09
    Participant

LuganoPirate – I hope you are well.

I could not agree more with your post and as you know I have done just that and am very very happy with my decision as I am saving a lot of money and can fly where I want when I want as I no longer worry about the availability of reward flights on any carrier.

The only thing I would say is that posters like SeasonedTraveller pointed out to me on a previous thread on which I posted a similar view to yours here that not everyone has a choice as they have to fly with whoever their employer books them.

What I would say is that we need the airlines large corporate clients to vote with their feet if things do not improve as that is the only way, in my opinion, that airlines be it BA or any other carrier will sit up, take notice and make the changes necessary to keep or lure back the large corporates whose custom they are reliant on.

My never flying BA again by choice will have no impact at all as they simply do not care that a customer who has been very loyal to them for many years will not be flying with them any more, a shame but sadly the truth.

openfly
    Participant

@LP But for every pax who walks away, BA has the knack of filling the empty seat! And with BA being the sole airline on CPT-LON for most of the year, we have no choice….and they know it.

LuganoPirate
    Participant

Very well thanks Jonathan and hope same with you? As you say one or two pax like you or I do not make a big dent in BA’s revenues, but hopefully when their large corp clients add up the cost in manpower hours and lost productivity, and move their many feet BA will sit up and take notice.

LuganoPirate
    Participant

[quote quote=821299]@LP But for every pax who walks away, BA has the knack of filling the empty seat! And with BA being the sole airline on CPT-LON for most of the year, we have no choice….and they know it.

[/quote]

That’s the problem indeed Openfly. Only when they don’t fill the seat will they take any notice.

I know it’s not direct but KLM serve CPT year round as does LH now but only twice or three times a week in the (southern) winter.

canucklad
    Participant

Missed this story yesterday, but read about it today, with the catch headline ..”Never Again!! Fury as BA glitch sparks long delays”

IMO they were let off the hook, Luckily for BA, the headline missed out two crucial words that could potentially have had a devastating impact on to their future bookings —— Those 2 words being YET & AGAIN

On the other hand, a bit of a marketing coup for Waterside. A free advert for their BOB service. As the masses who read the article swill now be aware after this passengers quote…… “After a 3 hour delay, they had the audacity to charge for food and drinks!! Never Again!!

Remember the adage, There’s no such thing as bad publicity

openfly
    Participant

@LP I have considered the KL/AF product to CPT many times, but am put off by the awful LHR dep times…06.00-ish. This has a tight connection in AMS or CDG and these days one needs at least a couple hours to cover any delays. They also arrive in CPT late at night. I have to say I prefer a direct flight at “normal” times.
    The winner for me is Thomas Cook in the high season at ridiculously low prices and an excellent product.

capetonianm
    Participant

I use the KL option to CPT often. I spend the previous evening with friends in NL, breaks the journey nicely. I find it an excellent product and enjoy it.

I expect AF is also not bad but I won’t use CDG.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls