Another option for Cape Town

Back to Forum

This topic contains 33 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by  kershcliff 25 Jul 2019
at 12:25

Viewing 4 posts - 31 through 34 (of 34 total)

• bluemooner
    Participant

The seasonal BA41 leaves Heathrow at 15.55 and gets into Durban at 05.30 the next day.

It’s operated by a 787 and goes during the Northern hemisphere winter.

I think it’s a year round service, but I stand to be corrected.

LuganoPirate
    Participant

If you want to avoid the mess of Johannesburg airport Durban is a good place to transit. The BA flight is year round and apart from Emirates is the only international flight so passport queues are minimal. From Durban there are excellent connections all over the country though flights to George can be on the expensive side. I know people who travel via JNB (domestic) as that can be half the cost of the direct flight. Mind you in European terms we’re looking at maybe just EUR 80 more and to avoid JNB I’d certainly consider that.

TiredOldHack2
    Participant

Curious why no European airline (other than Turkish via Joburg) wants to fly direct to Durban.

BA does from LHR, but it’s not a daily service.

kershcliff
    Participant

bluemooner wrote:
    Curious why no European airline (other than Turkish via Joburg) wants to fly direct to Durban.
    BA does from LHR, but it’s not a daily service.

Tired Old Hack – I wrote that in 2017, before BA had the good sense to follow my advice !!!!!!

Viewing 4 posts - 31 through 34 (of 34 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller September 2019 edition
Business Traveller September 2019 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls