Another BA sale…where the fares go UP!

Back to Forum
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

• openfly
    Participant

Looked at several premium fares to a few destinations and, yet again, BA thinks that we are all fools and fall for their ploy of advertising a Sale, but they actually increase the fares. Yes there is a Sale, but as with FlyBe, they are just selling seats. Their idea of a Sale is different to mine!

Intercity 125
    Participant

I AGREE COMPLETELY.
    JUST CHECKED BUSINESS RETURN FLIGHTS FROM LONDON TO BANGKOK.
    THE FARES ARE BETWEEN £300-500 MORE THAN WHEN I LAST CHECKED.
    EVA AIR NOW A MORE REALISTIC ALTERNATIVE AND ALSO NON-STOP TO BKK

FDOS_UK
    Participant

Guys, you are wrong – you just received a negative discount offer 😉

1 user thanked author for this post.

MartynSinclair
    Participant

for the dates I need in December, LHR-BKK = £2,800 and ex Europe £1,350 + 5 free return flights London – Europe….

SUPERB value… a flat bed but I have to jump over legs….

Life is good…

TiredOldHack2
    Participant

Oddly, I grabbed a pair of return tickets in their Holiday Sale. I have to go to Dubai for a trade show in late February, and BA’s combination of WT+ seats and a decent hotel rate was actually lower than I’d budgeted for economy seating and a hotel booked separately.

Mrs TOH is accompanying me, as she’s “always wanted to see Dubai”. I told her it ain’t really all that, but she’ll have three days of sun and shopping while I’m traipsing round the Dubai World Trade Center. I can see us coming back with a camel…

Charles-P
    Participant

TiredOldHack – regretfully Mrs P discovered the delights of the various Dubai shopping malls meaning the credit card got a real hammering when she used to accompany me there. Good luck to you !

Henryp1
    Participant

It’s a bit like the Hilton site where prices can often be higher if you use a special promotional rate code, rather than booking without.

PeterCoultas
    Participant

I suppose if they go up they can come down….

For those who have AMERICAN Amex cards there is a current offer that gives 50% more Avios per Amex point transferred, i.e 300 for each 250. Useful for some of us maybe.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls