Another BA incident

Back to Forum
Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)

• SimonS1
    Participant

I see that yesterday it was the Budapest flight that had to declare an emergency and return to LHR.

http://www.thebasource.com/british-airways-a320-g-euyb-ba866-heathrow-technical-return/

dutchyankee
    Participant

Does it seem like BA are having a lot of these kind of incidents lately, or is this the norm at other airlines as well?

TimFitzgeraldTC
    Participant

Thanks for the replies. Curious to know about practicalities of this, kind of what I thought would happen but good to hear from those who have had such experiences.

Bucksnet
    Participant

BA flight to Delhi turns back over Poland: –

http://www.thebasource.com/british-airways-b777-200er-g-viic-ba257-heathrow-technical-return/

It’s not just the old planes that are having problems.

IanFromHKG
    Participant

Tim, there was another aspect of the practicalities I hadn’t mentioned. CX didn’t offload our luggage (perhaps to boost the argument that we were never officially there)

I had flown HK-London where I spent two days, then to SFO where I spent 2.5 days in the basement of the hotel we were staying in (an offsite). When that was finally over, a night out with a friend followed by the red-eye to NYC where I spent a total of 7 hours (breakfast meeting) before getting on the flight home, which was due to take 14.5 hours. With the circling over HK and diversion, we were on the plane for 18.5 hours. I was still wearing the same clothes I had worn for the last day in SFO. I was not happy with their decision not to offload the bags!

FormerlyDoS
    Participant

Bucksnet – 01/09/2013 11:41 GMT

That airframe is 16.5 years old (Feb 1997) – hardly a spring chicken.

By way of comparison, I was on an Emirates 772ER (same model) last week, that had a minor in flight issue, requiring IFE and seat power to be cut – that age of that airframe was nearly 15 years old.

Bucksnet
    Participant

Yeah I know, but I considered that to be middle aged compared to some of the 747s and 767s which are 23 years old.

FormerlyDoS
    Participant

Bucksnet – 02/09/2013 06:13 GMT

I take your point – 23 years old is ………… (complete as desired) 😉

BigDog.
    Participant

Another one today. A 777 en route to Delhi turned back to be met by the emergency fire services.

Plus a 747 grounded in Beijing.

Bucksnet
    Participant

A 747 broke down in MIA last night.

BigDog, are you sure that these are new incidents because DEL and PEK have just recently happened?

SimonS1
    Participant

I see the Johannesburg had to turn back last night after a 4.5 hour flight to nowhere and all passengers overnighted in the Radisson.

Flights going tech in Winnipeg, Milan, Boston, Rome and a Las Vegas flight that was running 2 days late….

They must have a big EU261 budget.

JordanD
    Participant

The Las Vegas & Winnipeg incidents are connected – the LHR-Vegas service was diverted to Winnipeg due to a medical and then the aircraft went tech there, which in turn caused the delay on the return flight …

Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls