Another BA baggage c*ck-up

Back to Forum
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

• Anonymous

FDOS_UK
    Participant

My son flew back from BOS on Thurs night, arrived LHR Friday morning – connected to MAN with 2.5 hours in between.

Full flight on A320 and he couldn’t understand why everyone stood around the carousel and no-one took any luggage.

Cut to 30 mins later and everyone from the flight is queuing to complete go through missing bag info.

As of 10pm on Saturday night, he still has not got his suitcase.

Pathetic.

AnthonyDunn
    Participant

Another T5 baggage system SNAFU? They don’t get that much coverage these days but they do appear to happen with not entirely irregular frequency.

FDOS_UK
    Participant

Anthony

So it would appear; apparently he has received a message saying a lot of people were affected and it may take some time to return the luggage, although the prior message said the case would be delivered yesterday.

It is now nearly midday on Sunday and my son’s flight arrived on Thursday – this is just unacceptable.

I’m very pleased that I can now use MAN/LPL as my local airports and avoid BA/LHR.

Edited to add:

I notice this failure happened about 10 days ago

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/transport/series-of-flights-leaves-heathrow-t5-without-any-luggage-on-board-a2943551.html

CXDiamond
    Participant

I don’t fly from LHR often and even less often with BA. I now don’t check in a bag at T5 under any circumstances. If I really need a checked bag, I fly with another airline. Too many problems there for too long.

DoS, delighted to see you posting here again.

FDOS_UK
    Participant

Hi CxD

Thanks – I waited a while until all the dross from certain former posters went away and am now happy to be back in what seems a civilised and helpful forum.

PatJordan
    Participant

FDOS, good to see you back again.

FDOS_UK
    Participant

Thanks Pat, hope all is well with you.

mkcol74
    Participant

Swings & roundabouts. Probably curse myself, but never had an issue at T5.

Landed from KUL on 14/09/15 at about 0510, carousel was just starting up as I approached it after being 3rd off the aircraft, onto the first shuttle from T5B & successfully using the e-gates at passport control – our bags were 4th, 5th & 8th on the carousel.

Trotted off to queue at the frankly awful Costa at 0545 while awaiting our taxi.

FDOS_UK
    Participant

The bag was finally delivered by courier just before 4pm on Sunday afternoon, having been mishandled on Thursday morning.

Considering the journey length was 151 miles, that is amazing and the courier said they had a very heavy workload on behalf of BA – read into that what you will.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls