Andreas Wuchner court case suing BA what was the result please I cannot find?

Back to Forum
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

• norbert2008
    Participant

Hello all

What happened to this I can only see first stages of court nothing after May?

Anyone know what happened please as I am suing BA soon on similar grounds soon.

Thank you.

ASK1945
    Participant

According to the Mail-on-line: ” ………he has been awarded a £130,000 payout at Central London County Court”. This is the amount in the Montreal Convention for accident and injury, but a trial will also go ahead at a later date over whether he is due a bigger payout.

norbert2008
    Participant

Yes I saw that but they seem to have been in court in May, maybe put off to another day. Thank you.

ASK1945
    Participant

“Yes I saw that but they seem to have been in court in May, maybe put off to another day. Thank you”.

Precisely: BA have admitted liability. But, he is claiming £5M and the latest hearing was only 3 weeks ago. It could be some time until the final amount is confirmed. The wheels of financial justice run slowly in the UK (eg postmasters, Grenfell Tower, Contaminated Blood etc).

norbert2008
    Participant

Thank you so they did pay him £130k……?

ASK1945
    Participant

“Thank you so they did pay him £130k……?”

I don’t think so. From the reports it appears that BA agreed that they have to pay him £130k, but they won’t until the final amount is agreed. They are fighting a larger award, hence the delay whilst both sides find experts to report and advise the court.

norbert2008
    Participant

Thank you..

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller June 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller June 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls