ANA B787-800 (Config. 1)

Back to Forum
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• Anonymous

Seatplans needs to update it's information on the 787-8 aircraft that flies between NRT and BKK on Tuesdays/Wednesdays only.

There is no way this aircraft has economy seats with 34" pitch. In other "seat plan" sites, a 31" pitch version is shown as well as 34". But the a/c that flies this route is the 31" pitch version, and it's a horrible seat.

The seat is in a shell, whereby the bottom slides forward and the seat back pivots within the shell. Maybe OK in the 34" pitch version, but cramped for the knees, with anyone taller than 5-8.

The seat sliding forward probably seemed good in theory because no one reclines into the passenger behind, but I would trade the usual seat recline into my space for just the normal 31" pitch with my recline unhindered. If you are taller than 5'8" you must avoid this plane.

I will book myself on the 777 that flies this route on the six other days rather than endure this seat again.

Also the seat seems to be the same width as the United version, though ANA only fits 8 seats to a row, while United is 9 seats wide. Haven't figured that one out yet, but it may just seem narrower because of the cramped leg room.

When I fly United, I have an Economy Plus seat, which gives 34" pitch. The United seats offer a much better compromise, whereby both the seat and back move forward and back respectively. But I've only sat in the E+ seats, so no experience in standard economy.

Having said all this, the service and food are superior on ANA.

Review courtesy of Seatplans.com. Original review by user 187370 can be found here

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls