Amsterdam Security – Intimate pat-down

Back to Forum

This topic contains 17 replies, has 14 voices, and was last updated by  TiredOldHack2 21 Sep 2018
at 03:36

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)

• openfly
    Participant

A few days ago I passed through AMS security.

After passing through the body X-ray, the security guy said he needed to give me a “pat-down”.

He patted me from my shoulders to my waist and then fully cupped my penis and testicles in his hand. He then did it a second time. I was shocked and remonstrated. I told him that I objected to his behaviour. “I’m only doing my job” he replied….and then repeated the action twice more! I asked to speak to a supervisor/manager who was totally disinterested. She just shrugged her shoulders and went back to her office.

If this had happened to a female in a U.K. airport the police could be called and the security guy charged with rape.

I pass through airport security at least 4 times a week and totally understand the system.

This action that I suffered, basically assault, was going too far.Should I take it further??

MartynSinclair
    Participant

I have posted similar reports in the past but of late they seemed to have stopped.

I believe most pat downs are in full view of cameras to cover the very situation you mention. It is probably a big ask, especially now, but I would ask for copies of the CCTV.

Henryp1
    Participant

A few days ago I passed through AMS security.

After passing through the body X-ray, the security guy said he needed to give me a “pat-down”.

He patted me from my shoulders to my waist and then fully cupped my penis and testicles in his hand. He then did it a second time. I was shocked and remonstrated. I told him that I objected to his behaviour. “I’m only doing my job” he replied….and then repeated the action twice more! I asked to speak to a supervisor/manager who was totally disinterested. She just shrugged her shoulders and went back to her office.

If this had happened to a female in a U.K. airport the police could be called and the security guy charged with rape.

I pass through airport security at least 4 times a week and totally understand the system.

This action that I suffered, basically assault, was going too far.Should I take it further??

I believe penetration has to occur for rape to be committed, but still an unwanted and intrusive experience.

Tom Otley
    Keymaster

Just so you are aware, nearly every post on this subject is requiring moderation.

I’m not complaining, just telling you that with words like penis, testicles, sex and rape in the posts, well, you can understand why !

capetonianm
    Participant

Maybe we could get round that by referring to willy, nuts, and rumpy-pumpy (involuntary or voluntary).

openfly
    Participant

@Henryp….the act of rape, in the U.K., does not not now require penetration, for both males and females.

I am passing through AMS in a few days, with more time to spare, so will progress my complaint. Hopefully the previous manager will have logged my complaint details, however disinterested she was!

Sorry to cause you probs Tom….

Henryp1
    Participant

@Henryp….the act of rape, in the U.K., does not not now require penetration, for both males and females.

I am passing through AMS in a few days, with more time to spare, so will progress my complaint. Hopefully the previous manager will have logged my complaint details, however disinterested she was!

That’s interesting as I wasn’t aware that the 2003 SO act had been changed. Wishing you success with your complaint.

1 user thanked author for this post.

LuganoPirate
    Participant

I believe in Holland that would be s.x..l assault. Once could be argued he was doing his job, but twice or more he has lost the argument. For r.p. to occur there must be penetration. You could make a complaint to the police and they will take a statement and make sure the supervisor (or higher) knows you have done this and that you have informed (or will) the British (sorry, no offence meant, I just assume you’re British otherwise the embassy of your nationality) and let the police know the same. They get nervous when foreign nationals involve the embassy and take it more seriously.

It’s a shocking thing to happen to anyone, male or female, and fully understand your wish to take it further. Good luck with it.

Swissdiver
    Participant

Subtle equilibrium between safety and abusing bastards. I would definitively complain although it is a lost case. But that guy will probably be watched in the future which would save others from the same bad experience.

mkcol74
    Participant

When did the definition of rape in the UK change?
    AFAIK you have to be involuntarily penetrated by a penis. If it’s an object/finger then it’s assault by penetration.

What @openfly has experienced (in UK law) is sexual assault.

It would be interesting to learn if Netherlands has differing crime classifications.

GivingupBA
    Participant

But that guy will probably be watched in the future which would save others from the same bad experience.

Absolutely right, assault (among other things) must be reported even when you are sure nothing will come of your complaint. I have a tendency to shrug things off thinking “What’s the point?” but I’m not going to do that any more.

conshaldow
    Participant

Hi Openfly.

I passed through AMS on Saturday prior to reading this thread and I have to say that I felt the search to be quiet intimate also, underneath the belt and not shy at all.
    It didn’t go as far as your search but still found it to be unrequired/excessive.
    I made a point of mentioning this to those who were with me at the time but all had passed through another lane and didn’t deem their search to have been as excessive as mine.
    Totally understand where you are coming from and shall bear in mind next time I am passing through AMS.

Thanks,

FaroFlyer
    Participant

Hi openfly, I shall be passing through AMS tomorrow and will see how it goes.

Perhaps he was misunderstanding your “stage name”? I got in trouble once when a lady had a badge with Press:-}

openfly
    Participant

Hi Faroflyer….errr yes hadn’t considered that! 😀

Gin&Tonic
    Participant

Maybe a cricket box is the answer.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
BTUK October 2018 issue
BTUK October 2018 issue
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls