Amex Launches New “Centurion” Lounge Network

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)

• Anonymous

VintageKrug
    Participant

This is a good offering from Amex, worth knowing about if you are passing through an airport which has one of these new facilities:

http://thecenturionlounge.com/index.html

esselle
    Participant

There is only one airport offering this currently…………

SimonS1
    Participant

Haha. What a laughable thread. “If you are passing through an airport which has one of these new facilities”!!!!

MarkCymru
    Participant

True to the central Amex proposition: over promise and under deliver. i have a Lufthansa M&M Amex from MBNA: it’s a much simpler proposition and they have been pleasant and efficient on the few occasions I’ve needed to contact them. Best of all, lots of M&M miles and no fee

TominScotland
    Participant

Mark, are you sure you have an Amex card from MBNA? That is a bit like buying Pepsi in a Coca Cola bottle!! M & M offer a twin pack of an Amex card and a Visa card, tha latter is issued by MBNA but that is not the same thing, I think.

Raffles99
    Participant

Amex has run its own airline lounges for years – I remember using the Mexico City one about 7 years ago.

From the Amex website:

“Moreover, simply by showing The Platinum Card®, you will have access to the following American Express VIP lounges

• Mexico – Mexico City – Centurion Club
    • Argentina – Buenos Aires – Salón Centurion
    • Brazil – São Paulo – Centurión Club
    •India- Delhi- Centurion Club

MarkCymru
    Participant

Tom: I’m quite sure. Banks can now issue Amex cards. MBNA does, HSBC (Jersey) does and I think that even Lloyds TSB does. The bank decides on the fee, provides the service and provides the add-ons. Amex is just the card processor. They offer a visa version too
    http://www.miles-and-more.com/online/portal/mam/uk/earn/credit_card/offer?l=en&nodeid=2554150

Raffles99
    Participant

MBNA and Lloyds both issue Amex cards in the UK.

Barclays was also given a licence to do so earlier this year, so expect new versions of the Priority Club and Hilton HHonors credit cards at some point, probably as an Amex and Visa double pack.

MarcusUK
    Participant

The VS Amex Flying Club earning miles, is issued by MBNA. Last year they also issued Visa cards on the same account, as many Companies will not accept Amex, due to the high charges.

It was also reported last year, that MBNA were trying to wrestle out of this agreement with VS club…and sell it off to another Company…?

Amex still run “The Lounge Pass” for Gold + members from the UK and elsewhere?

SUAQ1910
    Participant

As I discovered in LAS (“D” Concourse), an Am Ex Plat card allows you simply to approach the desk – where (absent an Am Ex Centurion Card) it costs $50 to “access” drinks and snacks minimally superior to those on offer free-of-charge to Priority Pass (courtesy of Am Ex Plat!) holders from solicitous staff in the Las Vegas lounge 50 yards away!

Tim2soza
    Participant

Visited the AMEX lounge in Las Vegas. Paid $50 for entry. Food was excellent, WiFi very fast. Very Hip/Trendy. Well worth a visit.

canucklad
    Participant

Shame i’m not going to be in Las Vegas anytime soon!!!

Californian
    Participant

I understand the next location will be the JetBlue terminal at New York JFK. I wonder if JetBlue’s planned new premium product for transcontinental flights will offer access to the lounge.

HongKongLady
    Participant

Is this in addition to the priority lounge pass I get with my Amex card ?
    I was disappointed when I actually needed one of their lounges recently, that they didn’t have one in Heathrow T4.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls