American Moots Co-location with BA at JFK T8

Back to Forum
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• Anonymous

VintageKrug
    Participant

http://aa.mediaroom.com/index.php?s=43&item=2882

LGA and JFK Facilities Improvements and Potential Co-Location of oneworld Partner British Airways in JFK’s Terminal 8

American Airlines and British Airways are currently evaluating a proposal by the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey to develop an expansion of the new state-of-the-art $1.3 billion international Terminal 8 to allow the airlines to co-locate their operations.

Terminal 8 was designed by American expressly to meet the needs of modern customers traveling internationally, and the potential expansion and joint operation of the facility by American and British Airways would allow quick and easy customer connections from airline to airline.

If agreeable financial terms can be reached with the Port, the potential co-location would benefit not only the airlines and their customers but the Port itself, which has been exploring various ways to expand JFK gate capacity.
    ———–

T7 is an interesting hangover from the days when UA and BA were partners, prior to the days of oneworld/ I actually think UA would have made a better bedfellow than AA for BA.

Let us hope the restriction on AA elites accessing lounges on domestic flights remains in force, lest the F lounge become overrun.

cbroo79
    Participant

VK
    I am sure you had a typo and meant to say T7 is the hangover from BA/UA times.

VintageKrug
    Participant

Indeed; good spot! I have amended.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls