American Express Platinum card (UK) – cash voucher benefits

Back to Forum
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• MartynSinclair
    Participant

Cardholders may not be aware that Amex are gifting cash reward benefits to UK Plat card holders. I posted before Christmas that I received a £100 gift voucher from Amex to be used in Harrods (I was naturally highly suspicious of it at the time). I was recently told by a friend that further gift vouchers are issued within the card offers page on the Platinum website.

I am currently enjoying a £175 spend in Selfridges. As long as you pay via the Amex card, up to £175 will be refunded from any spend in Selfridges online or in shop. I missed in the last Q another voucher of similar value.

You do need to register to benefit & there are some T&C’s, but it certainly does work.

Goes someway to reducing the £650 pa membership fee, which for the past year has included unusable travel benefits..

1 user thanked author for this post.

FormerBA
    Participant

The savings this year and some of the offers have been outstanding.

My account shows savings of almost £1600 including £400 off £400 spend at Marriot, 2 x £100 off £100 spends at Waitrose as well as other savings at some restaurants and stores

Not all the offers are available to all card members and many are very Londoncentric. The deals can sometimes also be available to supplementary cards. For example there is £50 off £200 spend at Hilton which is also available to supplementary card holders. Others, such as the Selfridge offer, are not available to me which can be irritating, but as the examples show, there can be real value in the offers for many.

There was also a significant number of Membership reward points handed out to retain me as a card holder and the service I have had has been superb, especally around insurance claims for cancelled trips booked before the onset of the pandemic.

AMEX TRAVEL
    REDEEMED
    You saved £50.00

CRAFT GIN CLUB
    REDEEMED
    You saved £20.00

CLINIQUE ONLINE
    REDEEMED
    You saved £5.29

WAITROSE

REDEEMED
    21/01/2021
    You saved £175.00

FARFETCH HARRODS GBP
    You saved £100.00

THE WESTBURY HOTEL LTD
    31/10/2020
    You saved £400.00

GAUCHO PICCADILLY
    You saved £30.00

AVERYS OF BRISTOL ECOMM
    17/10/2020
    You saved £40.00

WAITROSE
    24/09/2020
    You saved £100.00

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller May / June 2021 cover
Business Traveller May / June 2021 cover
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls