American Airlines B777-200ER Business

Back to Forum
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• Anonymous

sandtrekker
    Participant

AA 51 / LHR-DFW / Business Class

I am not sure if other (US) airlines do it, but there is a definite overkill on security and check-ins.

Arriving at the Business Class check-in, I am confronted by a young lady who asks me the usual alleged background check questions such as “Travelling on business?; Who do you work for?; How long will you be going for?” A sticker is placed on my passport and I go to the actual check-in which is fine.

Then there is LHR security. You show your boarding pass and then the security strip and shuffle show. This is followed by a walk to the Admirals Club Lounge and lo and behold yet another security check and questions and another look at my boarding pass before I can go and show my boarding pass at the lounge desk.

Down to the gate and another security desk with another check on my boarding pass. Then I have my boarding pass scanned and then another desk where they check my boarding pass again and check my name against a list. The final check is before you actually get on the aircraft. This is a total of NINE checks. Is this a new record in overkill?

Boarding was simple and easy and the Business Class seat – 12G – was comfortable enough. Unfortunately it was one of three in the middle section and although I had my usual aisle seat, there were two under-12s sitting in the other two seats. Not a quiet flight. The pre-take off drinks were the usual choice.

Inflight entertainment was quite awful with little choice. This also applied to the food and drinks. Even though I was flying (expensive) Business Class, the wine came in a plastic “glass”. This is an appalling indictment on AA. The food was indifferent at best.

The seat for sleeping was not that great and it was difficult to get any sleep. The on board service was just fine, but AA need to seriously do some rethinking and revamping.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls