American Airlines B777-200 First

Back to Forum
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• Anonymous

michal1047
    Participant

I flew AA909 First the 2nd week of November.

While the lie flat seats are really great for sleeping, it should be noted that they are a bit worn and need replacing. Also, it should be said, that the screens for viewing movies are smaller than those used in both Business Class and Economy….unbelievable.

On my particular flight a catering strike at Buenos Aires, forced AA to double load meals at Miami for both the Miami/Buenos Aires and Buenos Aires/Miami flight portions. Thus in 1st class we had no menus, the starter plate and salad were brought to us on a tray and “dropped.’

No choice of wines…only white or red was the offerings…Dessert was ice cream or cheese plate. None of this service was offered from the trolley…..The morning breakfast was cold cereal on a 1/2 tray again “dropped.”

All 16 first class passengers complained…..Where I can sympathize with AA’s problem, one never expects to have First service compromised especially with the differential in air fares charged.

I wrote a complaint email to AA and received a 7000 mile bonus for my unhappiness…..but I am still not satisfied…Lan Business Class is much better than AA’s service. I only wish BA flew the route…

Finally, my bags were tagged as “Priority” at checkin in Miami….My bags arrived absolutely last upon arrival into Buenos Aires…

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls