American Airlines B777-200 Economy

Back to Forum
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• Anonymous

Mark Caswell
    Keymaster

This was my return journey on this route, having flown out to NY five days previously (also in economy with AA).

Journey to JFK was fairly easy from midtown Manhattan – subway to Jamaica station, then the shuttle train to Terminal 8.

We departed on time, and were advised that we would be landing at Heathrow around 1 1/4 hours early due to “exceptionally strong tailwinds for this time of year”.

Seat was comfortable enough – seatback IFE was on a loop (films starting every 20 minutes or so) – i had watched most of the programmes that appealed on the journey out, so spent most of the time either reading of trying to lower my score on the far-too-addictive IFE golf game.

Food was not as good as on the way out (an uninspiring omelette for breakfast, and a fairly bland sandwich later on in the flight), but staff were once again polite and efficient throughout the flight.

We were held up by stacking at Heathrow, but still landed over 45 minutes early, and i was able to use the empty IRIS queue at T3, and was landside within about 15 minutes of landing.

Overall the flight was fine – more choice of films and on-demand offering for the IFE would have been good though.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls