Amazing sales from Royal Jordanian

Back to Forum
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

• Anonymous

MReedGB
    Participant

So to my fellow Oneworld frequent flyers who are planning to have some tier points/mileages runs in the coming months..why not try these amazing fares ex CDG/FRA to South Asia and South East Asia–some example fares during April/Mai 2013 :

Almost forget to tell you…they are Business Class Fares !!!

Prices from
    Mumbai € 1.129,-
    Delhi € 1.159,-
    Colombo € 1.179,-
    Bangkok € 1.399,-
    Kuala Lumpur € 1.399,-
    Hongkong € 1.419,-

Min: 2 nights or SU-Rule
    Max: 3 months

I’ve noticed these great fares too. I have not used RJ business class before and would be interested in anyone who has and what they think of it?

I’m thinking of travelling from CDG to HKG, but the flight routes through AMM with a stopover in BKK, the latter with no change of aircraft. Maybe the reduced cost of the flight compensates enough for the longer flight time compared to direct routes?

Binman62
    Participant

See this

http://www.airliners.net/aviation-forums/trip_reports/read.main/215118

Not the most flattering account but certainly detailed.

Whilst the crew sound gruesome I thought the experience for what you pay is probably ok.

Seat looks comfy and there is plenty of space . IFE gets the thumbs up.

Enjoy

TominScotland
    Participant

Great pictures of aircraft wings and engines – how many times can you take that picture?

HongKongLady
    Participant

Almost flew them once but luckily checked reviews first. The fares are very cheap so it may be worth someone trying it, they may have improved !

FormerlyDoS
    Participant

RJ is a second tier ME airline and the pricing reflects that. MS is similar.

As whether to fly them, if I needed to be somewhere and they fitted, I’d use them.

As I’m travelling on business, I’d be less concerned about the service (although the food offer looked very light) and more about the seat/space. I think I could get a few hours of sleep on that seat.

But Cathay it ain’t going to be 🙂 A fairer comparison may be AB, with whom I did one 7 hour flight overnight. Was it great, no (although the cabin crew were very nice), did it do the job? Yes.

SwissExPat
    Participant

I flew RJ from Bombay to ZRH via AMMAN last year in J.

I’d happily do it again.

Food and beverage was fine.

TominScotland
    Participant

As MReedGB notes, this is an excellent tier point opportunity although not so attractive from an Avios perspective. As an example, LHR to BKK on BA in Business nets you 140 tier points each way. Taking RJ from AMS to BKK via AMM gives 280 tier points each way (140 per leg), ie. double for a fraction of the cost.

Does it tempt me – certainly. Mind you there is a 6 hour layover in AMM in each direction – does anyone know what the Crown Lounge in AMM is like (beyond the posted review)?

StephenLondon
    Participant

I used RJ last month AMS-HKG via AMM, and they were just fine. A320 from AMS-AMM, with 14 seats of the cradle-variety, and excellent service. Lunch was served from a trolley by two extremely pleasant cabin crew. A seven hour stopover in AMM (it is long enough to enter the country, nip into a decent restaurant for supper and return). You can also use one of the hotel rooms in the Crown Lounge (for a fee – $50 USD, I think). The Crown Lounge is fine, but not fabulous. Note it is all being replaced soon when the new terminal opens (April/May?), so don’t expect anything new or shiny until then. Buffet with small selection of hot food, plus sandwiches, cheese, small salad bar, fruit and cakes. Very average, but then again, you aren’t paying much, so don’t expect EK First Lounge T3 DXB – this ain’t it! Onward to HKG via BKK on A330 with nearly lie-flat beds. Slept comfortably for six hours on a 7.5 hr flight (good tail winds). Crew attentive, light supper served ex-AMM (but at 01:05 a.m., not many took it) and a full, hot trolley service for breakfast before landing. Light meal served between BKK and HKG. I’d happily take them again. And the fares listed are incredibly good value. Note CMB may be an A310, which is one of their older planes and J class products, I believe.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls