“Am I alright to put you on hold”….BA Customer Service!

Back to Forum
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

• openfly
    Participant

…..each time I have called the BA Gold line over the past few weeks I am asked this question. I guess it’s because the customer service staff are working from home and need to phone a supervisor. This saves BA money but really annoys me! These homeworkers are incapable of solving or answering my bookings question. They are very pleasant, but I waste more of my time. If the Gold line was treated as a Premium Line for premium passengers, it would be so much better….handled by staff at Didsbury or Newcastle with direct access to supervisors. This would make me and others a much happier Gold card holder!

1 user thanked author for this post.

Emm
    Participant

Congratulations for getting anyone on the phone. Every time I have called the standard response has been “We cannot take your call at the moment, please call back later”. But I do understand your frustration. Doesn’t make me want to book 5 seats in business class with them. Good luck!!

Crawford
    Participant

Particularly acute with BA Holidays for which there is no Gold / Silver line but charming staff when you get through to Newcastle.

alistairNicoll
    Participant

My response would ( never considered flying BA) be to ask for how long I will be put on hold and if excessive ask for a call back in the next hour.

Unfortunately only a few companies treat their customers with the respect we deserve

LaundryMan
    Participant

I had the experience yesterday of the best and worst of airlines Unfortunately our BA flight from AMS to LHR was cancelled and we were re booked on a flight to LCY but our cars were at LHR

To cut a long story short after being advised of a two to three hour delay we made a decision to fly back to LHR on klm – made the booking and was seated on the flight within 40 minutes !! There w=s an issue with payment for the klm flight so was advised to ring them. Within six rings the phone was answered and the payment matter resolved. Five minutes later I had to ring klm again due to a name spelling issue and again within 20 rings got through to the agent who was in fact the same one I had spoken to previously. Again the matter resolved and sorted and off we went to Heathrow To say that I was impressed would overstate a great experience on how to look after customers

When driving home from LHR I tried to ring BA to get a refund and after 30 minutes up the M1 they finally answered and would not give me a full refund but only the taxes

What a difference between two airlines – one was impressive and the other inept

2 users thanked author for this post.

jsn55
    Participant

In America we would be grateful if a monkey answered the phone at an airline. The noise pollution of ‘music’ on hold is enough to drive you bonkers. It’s getting better, but US-based airlines are obviously not offering decent compensation. Workers can get more money from the Federal government and don’t have to actually work.

openfly
    Participant

Surely a cancelled flight requires that you are booked on another flight that day, even on another carrier…no excuses. Plus, I think you should claim EU261 Shorthaul compensation. So many BA “customer service” staff are inexperienced and have less knowledge of the rules than the passengers. They’ve answered the phone, now get rid of the pax using any excuse.
    How times have changed

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls