Alitalia status match

Back to Forum
Viewing 11 posts - 46 through 56 (of 56 total)

• goalie11
    Participant

@AndrewFrame

I was searching, via Google, for any status matches currently being offered and came up with Avianca Brazil, a Star carrier (www.avianca.com.br/en/amigo).

I did the usual in joining the programme and then sent off an email to <a href="mailto:[email protected]“>[email protected] providing my details, new Avianca membership number and a copy (scanned) of my current Gold card with Alitalia.

The Avianca website to join the programme was a nightmare to get through (in Portuguese)) but I managed it in the end and I got notification of the upgrade in 2 weeks.

Don’t confuse Avianca Brazil with Avianca (Columbia) as they are separate.

Copa Airlines from Panama are also offering status match (also SA) but due to a technical update they have said they will do it at the turn of the year.

I also see that Aeroflot have a similar promotion until the end of the year but their qualifying flights are a bit unrealistic.

IanFromHKG
    Participant

Well, this is odd. I sent off my CX Diamond (oneworld emerald) card (valid until July next year) to MilleMiglia and the response I got (clearly standard form as it was in Italian and English) was:
    “Dear [XXXX],
    the Frequent Flyer card provided does not meet the requirements of the Status Match initiative.
    Best regards.
    The MilleMiglia Program”

Does anyone have any insights as to why?

first_class_please
    Participant

I got a number of rejections (see earlier post).

Eventually I emailed <a href="mailto:[email protected]“>[email protected] rather than the status match email and after 10 days got a personal welcome email.

Shame I came through 4 days after a trip I had to use the card privileges..

openfly
    Participant

No problems receiving my card, against my BA Gold. But, they offer a matching card to a second person which has been a real battle.
    This Alitalia card is useful when travelling on a Skyteam airline, as a BA Gold. I am getting to see how the other half lives!

peter19
    Participant

ian,

I had trouble sending proper scans of the card – i.e downloading form the BA website in sending in (all different formats). I eventually took a picture of my card with my phone and emailed it and that and it was accepted. I got that standard response several times asking each time why it wasn’t valid but never actually got the reason. Then, eventually, sending a rubbish scan did the trick..

midorosan2
    Participant

Hi Ian
    I am also in Hong Kong and I did the match with my BA Gold it took I think three attempts but finally succeeded.
    Did you include all the information they ask for and did you join their programme and get a membership number, I ask because I had a similar problem that was eventually resolved.

IanFromHKG
    Participant

Yes, I did all those things. Maybe I will try the “iPhone photo” approach!

AnthonyDunn
    Participant

A quick query.

Having been alerted to this from Headforpoints, I was thinking about doing a status match on Senior Management’s BAEC Silver card – which has its year end in 04/2016. The point is that we fly into and out of FCO relatively frequently and, after the May 2015 fire, there is no BA lounge pro tem. My question: could you use your Freccia Alata card to obtain access to the Alitalia lounge even if flying on BA…? Or is that one hope too many?

Giampaolo
    Participant

I was in Rome Fiumicino on Sunday evening at the satellite G-gates, flying BA to LGW and had that idea as well – to ask access to the AZ lounge with the excuse that I have a Freccia Alata Plus status (the card never arrived after 2 months of the confirmation of the status but I am not calling AZ anymore to get one) and that there is no lounge for BA in FCO. I avoided the shame of being refused from the AZ lounge (on the obvious grounds that my ticket is not a Skyteam ticket) by going instead to the beautiful Feltrinelli bookstore located next to gate G7- more interesting than the AZ lounge located at the satellite!

HHS0001
    Participant

I received my FAP 2 months ago and used it extensively, but was really disappointed owing to:
    – The status is not automatically (nor manually) recognized when buying tickets on KL/AF thus free KL preferred seats are not available.
    -Their customer service unit located in Albania are really inexperienced and never solved an issue (despite being polite).
    -If an inquiry is sent to the special e-mail for FAP elites, they reply time is 2 weeks.
    -There is a glitch in their reward system which they are not able to fix nor even admit it exists (For example if I want to redeem one way Business class from Egypt to Europe, I have to pay the miles required CAI/FCO, in addition of the miles required FCO/Europe!
    -Most of their lounges in Italy are either closed for renovation or remotely located in FCO.

NNoah16
    Participant

Just got my status match BA Gold to Alitalia Freccia Alata Plus. It took 10 days to process and is valid to March 2017
    iPhone photo of BA card worked.

Viewing 11 posts - 46 through 56 (of 56 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls