Alitalia status match

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 56 total)

• Anonymous

rferguson
    Participant

Did anyone else take advantage of the Alitalia status match campaign?

My lovely new black ‘Freccia Alata Plus’ (Skyteam Elite Plus) card and welcome pack arrived in the post today, just a couple weeks after sending off the email.

Was not really familiar with Alitalia/Skyteams offering in terms of frequent flyer program but seems a pretty good deal –
    – lounge access.
    – four upgrades.
    – same card for any other person you nominate.
    – earn and burn on non-skyteam partners such as Etihad.

It’s worth a look if you haven’t already. Who says you can’t get anything for free these days? 🙂

PatJordan
    Participant

I am awaiting my card, which should be here soon.

I also received an email invitation for an instant upgrade to Hilton Hhonors Gold. This was an unexpected bonus, and many thanks to the forum for making me aware of the status match.

slotski
    Participant

Yep I took up the offer and received my card in the post yesterday. i am very impressed with the same card to a nominated person.

CrazyCanuck
    Participant

Hi all,

How did you do this? Thanks in advance

PatJordan
    Participant

This is the story from the BT Forum:

http://www.businesstraveller.com/news/101822/alitalia-offers-millemiglia-status-match

Send an email to the address in the story, assuming that the offer is still valid. Let us know how it goes, CrazyCanuck.

batterytraveller
    Participant

Mine took about 3 weeks to come through, not sure when I’ll make use of it but I guess it may come in use.

WillieWelsh
    Participant

The promotion lasts until the end of the year:

http://www.alitalia.com/it_en/millemiglia/Promo-MilleMiglia/promo-status-match.html

It’s a good offer especially if you use SkyTeam but not enough to have status.

gomezigbo
    Participant

Has anyone tried status matching with BAEC Silver? I noticed the page says it’ll match to Ulisse club (third tier) but technically BAEC Silver is the second-highest tier. So should they not match BA Silver to Freccia Alata Club?

LuganoPirate
    Participant

Just signed up. I’m Senator/Gold with Swiss so let’s see if I get the match. I’m not so interested in Alitalia, though it could be useful for the odd Rome flight, but more for the status with Etihad.

Rferguson, you mentioned a matching card for anyone I nominate, and pat you mentioned the Hilton Gold card, but i could not see anything about those in the programme. Is it automatic or did you have to apply?

Tibs941
    Participant

My BAEC Silver was matched to AZ Freccia Alata Club. I stated in my email to them that I believed this should be the case.

rferguson
    Participant

LP they send out the info with the welcome pack. There is a website they provide and a reference number for the additional card.

Unfortunately I didn’t get the Hilton Gold email Pat received. grrrr

PatJordan
    Participant

LP, about two weeks after receiving the initial status match acknowledgement, I received an email from Alitilia with an email link to Hilton Hhonors.

This gave me instant Gold Hhonors status.

Unfortunately the link they send is for the exclusive use of the recipient. It seems to expire once used, so I can’t even share it with the forum.

Maybe BT might be able to find out if this added benefit will be extended to all who were status matched.

LuganoPirate
    Participant

thanks RF and Pat.

I wait with baited breath!

EasternPedlar
    Participant

Just got this email today, having sent in my request for a status match a week ago…

“Thank you for taking part in the initiative Status Match. We apologize for not having yet completed audits for the recognition of your status due to the numerous requests received. Your request will be processed during the next days. We look forward to welcoming you soon on our flights

The MilleMiglia Program”

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 56 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls