Alitalia Millemiglia Programme

Back to Forum
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• Anonymous

BernieRoss
    Participant

Last January, faced with a year of commuting every week between London and Milan, I thought “at least I’ll be able to use the lounge, as soon as I get enough air miles to qualify as a frequent flyer”. I gained enough miles to qualify for their “Ulissee Club” in February. By July, I had enough miles for their “Freccia Alta Club”. It is now November. I have received no card. After enquiring by email (they didn’t reply), I called (usual multiple attempts before I could speak to someone), and they explained: At the end of the year, they count up how many miles you have earned. Then they upgrade your membership. This is no good to me at all, as I won’t be doing this commute next year.

Other programmes seem to upgrade you automatically, as soon as you fly the required number of miles. Is this business of waiting a year unique to Alitalia? Had I joined one of their partners’ programmes (eg. KLM), I would have been upgraded immediately.

This is the sort of thing you only discover when you are affected, and when it’s too late to change your mind about which programme you join. It also seems a remarkably contrived way of delaying the benefits which they so proudly advertise. BE WARNED.

TopTraveller
    Participant

I am sorry to hear your story, but I guess that because the company was nearly bankcrupt, they are cutting down on various services, so the frequent traveller program is jut one of them. In any case I always try to fly with companies I know have a good reputation.
    Another good idea is to always read the company’s policies as very often they are changed after one applied to a program.
    Hope this was of any help. keep well and have a good day

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls