Alicante Airport Sala VIP – Avoid like the plague

Back to Forum
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• Anonymous

PhilipHart
    Participant

Arrived at “welcome desk”, and my wife provided her Marco Polo Gold (MPG) and our boarding cards.

The gate dragon refused us entry on the grounds that the tickets showed our meagre bronze and blue status, and we weren’t travelling business class.

My wife explained that the MPG was equivalent of BAEC Silver, and entitled her to entry, and to bring me as a guest.

The gate dragon continued to refuse because “she knew her job”. But we insisted she call BA to find out.for sure. This she did reluctantly, and spent a few seconds on phone before saying she couldn’t get through.

My wife then said to forget it, and the she would use her Priority Pass (PP) instead.

The gate dragon then said she was refusing us entry entirely because we were arguing with her!

I said, OK if that’s the way you want play it, please write down your name and I will go to see someone superior to discuss the matter.

At this point her colleague – obviously realising that this was going to play rather badly for them – said that the PP would be fine, and let us in.

Once in the lounge, we regretted making a fuss. The lounge is large and soulless, and has very little to offer by way of food or refreshments.

And to top it all, the one and only hot drink machine was broken!!!

My wife has informed her twitter followers here, and as she says, this is a classic fail.

If it is going to cost you to get into the lounge, don’t bother. Spend your money instead in the fabulous food hall in the departures area.

Bath_VIP
    Participant

Very irritating Philip!

A message to BT, could we have a Lounge Review section set up on the forum? I’ve been experiencing a number of lounges recently and I thought it might be useful to submit my experiences.

DutchinSwitzerland
    Participant

Wow really bad experience Philip. I’m flying to/from Alicante at the end of the month and in April and will certainly not waste any money on this. The food-court at Alicante is really good and offers sufficient choice as you already mentioned

canucklad
    Participant

Agree with everyone above, avoid the lounge and enjoy the food hall !

And actually surprisingly reasonably priced especially the tapas bar.

Glassman
    Participant

Very sad to hear as I’ve visited this lounge on several occasions. It is very large open space with plenty of facilities at either end of the lounge.
    I have never had a problem visiting the lounge, using my diners club card (free of charge and unlimited access to many lounges until October 2013) but now they swipe your card and you are billed £15.00 per visit.
    The lounge has usually always had a good selection of drinks, but yes only 1 hot drinks machine, so if it breaks down a problem. They also have plenty of snacks as well as sandwiches, toaster to do toast and warm croissants etc. Its clean, with great views, extremly large and has plenty of low stylish furniture. One of the few lounges which never ever feels crowded.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls