Alex On … tighter seating planned for A320s

Back to Forum
Viewing 5 posts - 31 through 35 (of 35 total)

• SimonS1
    Participant

Well the figures just announced (Sept 2013 year) show net immigration of over 212,000 and that’s before the changed guidelines for places like Romania. So remove border controls and I could see more than a few thousand pitching up including quite a number currently at large in Calais.

Of course Teresa May had pledged to reduce it below 100,000 by the election campaign, so it will be interesting to see how she spins all that as a job well done.

KarlMarx
    Participant

Given that border controls patently do not work in the UK, why still persist with something that erects barriers to the law abiding people who wish to deal with the UK, but not to the others?

I don’t get the logic, I would if the UK government constantly hit the targets set.

Gin&Tonic
    Participant

It would really worry me if one of these high density aircraft had to be evacuated in a real emergency. It’s all well and good doing it with a bunch of young 20 something’s in a controlled circumstance, but in the real world with the usual mix of passengers it could be terrifying.

AnthonyDunn
    Participant

@ Gin&Tonic – 25/04/2014 14:34 GMT

Particularly when the idiots try grabbing their duty frees as well…

Charles-P
    Participant

Never forgot my one full evacuation experience – 747 at JFK in 1995 after a galley fire just before landing. There were serious problems in getting everyone off as several people tried to exit the slides with their duty free and became violent when they were told to leave everything behind. I have also heard as story about an evac at Frankfurt where a woman forced her way to the front of the queue shouting “business class” !

Viewing 5 posts - 31 through 35 (of 35 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls