Alex On… IAG Group acquires “enhanced comfort” A320

Back to Forum
Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)

• AMcWhirter
    Participant

Thanks for the info, openfly.

So far Vueling has not disclosed what the seat pitch will be. But hopefully, as Irons80, notes above it may not be worse than the current 30 ins found on BA mainline.

JordanD
    Participant

@KarlMarx – Swiss is my second preference, ahead of easyJet (London airports are harder to get to for me) and behind BA. Must have done well over 25 LON–ZRH round trips in the last year, all in Y, so am fairly well versed in the various options.

Swiss from LHR is handy for day trips due to their earlier start time out and later return. That’s my prime (only) reason for using them from there.

As someone who does exclusively travel short haul Y, I must admit – not sure what all the fuss is about the new BA seats …

KarlMarx
    Participant

@Jordan

As someone who does exclusively travel short haul Y, I must admit – not sure what all the fuss is about the new BA seats …

I would agree, better seats giving slight more kneeroom.

Now try Club Europe, where you had 34″ and now have only 30″, maybe you would see why some people are not very happy; as the editor of BT reported, it is not easy to use a laptop in row 2 back.

icenspice
    Participant

Who uses a laptop (to work) on a 1-hour flight?

MartynSinclair
    Participant

Jordan – “not sure what all the fuss is about the new BA seats” –

if BA is offering a business class offering at a business class fare, then at least provide a business class product – not an economy product!

@icenspice – “who uses a laptop (to work) on a 1 – hour flight?”

just walk front to back and take a look, plenty of people are using computers to either work or watch films…

MrMichael
    Participant

I do not use a laptop for travel anymore. I work on an iPad……and find in the most cramped conditions it is easy to use….even on South West Trains five abreast seating!

EU_Flyer
    Participant

My concern, apart from those raised by everyone on here so far, is how Airbus can get away with describing such a layout as ‘enhanced comfort’.

I understand that slimline seats allow for slighly more space around the knees, but how can an airline that is proposing to stick another 10+ seats onto an aircraft represent this as enhancing anyone’s level of comfort other than that of their sales staff and customer’s bean counters/senior management.

openfly
    Participant

Alex-Fly

Well our friends at BA explain all these awful changes by saying “passenger feedback tells us that this is we they want”. Yeah…right!

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls