Alex on… fixed business cabins return to Europe

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 62 total)

• AllOverTheGaff
    Participant

Irons80 – 03/05/2013 14:21 GMT
    Can’t you put a sock in it for one day?
    It’s really getting boring now – this was an interesting thread until you ruined it with the above diatribe. If you don’t like what VK has to say, just ignore it!

I actually thought you were referring to VK until the last sentence.

Rgds.
    AOTG.

FormerlyDoS
    Participant

If you go to your user profile, you can un-check the tick box that generates the emails.

No more annoying spam.

BigDog.
    Participant

Methinks the prolific poster has created more characters than Roger Hargreaves – Mr Angry; Mr Uppity; Mr Rude; Mr Noisy then of course the personas of Little Miss Bossy and Little Miss Dotty.
    So yes HT – which one will appear next?

AllOverTheGaff
    Participant

Ironman:

Have you ever considered following your own advice? (Rhetorical)

Happy Friday!
    Rgds.
    AOTG.

PS I loved your new movie, saw it at BFI IMAX, amazing. Although, have to say the character is particularly arrogant.

AllOverTheGaff
    Participant

PPS I genuinely did think you were moaning at Vintage Boop – it’s interesting (to me) that you ignore all his piffle (and there is a mountain of it) but the moment HT posts you go all bonkers.

BeckyBoop
    Participant

AOTG, who’s this “Vintage Boop” you speak off?

AllOverTheGaff
    Participant

BeckyBoop – 03/05/2013 16:16 GMT
    AOTG, who’s this “Vintage Boop” you speak off?

As far as I can make out, and I confess to not being an expert so this is based purely on my own observations; I’d say Vintage Boop is a deluded fantasist with OCD, split personalities and an awful lot of time on his/her hands.

But again, that’s all assumed from my short interactions on this here forum.

TGIF.
    AOTG.

BeckyBoop
    Participant

I will be sure to look out for his/her posts.

Henkel.Trocken
    Participant

” BeckyBoop – 03/05/2013 16:56 GMT

I will be sure to look out for his/her posts.”

You won’t need to look too far.

I see Irons80 has now taken to deleting posts too and then Boop pops up out of no where. How very Krug.

Henkel.Trocken
    Participant

AllOverTheGaff – 03/05/2013 16:37 GMT

+1!

CXDiamond
    Participant

I’ve now heard this story about LH introducing fixed C class on short haul services from a number of places. They have done it before when their A300-600s had fixed C seating in the forward cabin and it was very popular. It was used on longer routes like IST and LCA but also on certain services to LHR.

It’s difficult to imagine that they are introducing limo transfers for F passengers in the UK and then expecting them to sit in NEK seats for up to two hours if they are transiting MUC.

BigDog. – 03/05/2013 15:33 GMT I think you’re spot on!

AllOverTheGaff – 03/05/2013 16:37 GMT You as well!

Henkel.Trocken – 03/05/2013 17:44 GMT Seems like you nailed it too!

AMcWhirter
    Participant

Many thanks for all the feedback.

CX Diamond has reminded me of something I’d forgotten.

Years ago LH used to operate its A300-600s between FRA and LHR and these had fixed business class cabins.

These A300-600 flights operated into LHR two or three times a day. They were timed to link with the waves of long-haul flights in and out of FRA.

Interestingly, LH used to allow a long turnaround time in LHR (two or three hours, if I remember correctly) which I imagine was to allow for recovery time in case of delays etc.

CXDiamond
    Participant

Alex, IIRC, the A300-600 was only withdrawn at the end of summer 2009. I know I flew on it to LCA and I’m sure it was September 2009 as well as on many occasions between LHR-FRA. The seats were the old long haul C seats and more than fit for purpose on shorthaul C.

AMcWhirter
    Participant

CXDiamond – As you say, the seats were more than adequate. I only flew this plane in Y class but I remember that in the 90s there was a lunch time departure from LHR which connected at FRA with LH flights to the Far East. And I remember seeing quite a number of Asian biz travellers onboard who would be transferring at FRA.

The other A300-600 service was in the early evening which was designed to link with LH flights leaving FRA later that night.

CXDiamond
    Participant

It also operated the last FRA-LHR service each day as I often used it returning from HKG when LH operated a day time service from HKG-FRA and then also the first LHR-FRA service each morning.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 62 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls