Alan Joyce hit in the face with a cream pie

Back to Forum
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

• Tom Otley
    Keymaster

Good to see that he was no hurt and could joke about it on his return to the stage

Qantas chief Alan Joyce hit with pie in face

GivingupBA
    Participant

Yes, good that no-one was hurt. Some might find a cream pie attack funny but I don’t and speakers certainly don’t nowadays – a sudden lunge by someone could just as easily have been be a deadly attack with intent to kill for all the speaker knew at the time.

Tom Otley
    Keymaster

Absolutely. Particularly senseless since no one knows why he did it and what he was protesting about – layoffs? Or was it just a prankster?

Flightlevel
    Participant

Free Publicity! Worldwide!

esselle
    Participant

I read that the assailant had been taken into custody. Perhaps he should have been taken into custardy……..

SimonS1
    Participant

Must have been good security at the venue if the “attacker” could get in and as far as the stage carrying a cream pie.

MarcusGB
    Participant

The Assailant clearly flew British Airways, no one wuld notice!
    Many passengers bring their own decent food rather than buy on board now.
    They must be used to seeing people with their own bags of food on board, and taking whats left and they have paid for, off, so I am sure a cream pie would not be unusual.

Now a Greggs sausage roll would have been a different matter…?

Charles-P
    Participant

It was surely a trifling event

Ekond222
    Participant

…Tom…I think it was reported as a ‘custard-pie’….’cream-pie’…is something else…ahem…

capetonianm
    Participant

’cream-pie’…is something else…ahem…

Written, I am told, without the space or hyphen!

esselle
    Participant

Now Ekond222, that is the “icing on the cake”, and surely something appreciated by “hundreds and thousands”. Not something to be trifled with…………..

GivingupBA
    Participant

There’s a rumour that the thrower was a sponger.

rferguson
    Participant

The guy that pied Alan Joyce has said he done so due to AJ’s support of same sex marriage legislation in Australia. Appalling. I was actually shocked that Australia doesn’t already have such legislation in place.

MarcusGB
    Participant

Australian friends are stating he was assaulted by a Tart!
    But perhaps he did get his just Desserts, (unlike the food for travelers available in their lounges).

Could it be a plot from within Emirates, as they are 70% profits down, still ordering the World’s largest Aircraft, and Qantas & Air NZ still exist?!!
    They are being seen as the Bullying Airline for Qantas, Virgin Australia, and certainly have almost wiped out the Wonderful Air New Zealand.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls