Airport toilets….specifically BAA airport toilets

Back to Forum
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

• Anonymous

pdtraveller
    Participant

Have had the misfortune of having to use the loos at Heathrow and Glasgow this weekend and boy do they stink. Interestingly the same smell in 4 loos. They are simply not cleaned well enough or often enough and are disgusting.

What is the problem in fixing this

1nfrequent
    Participant

Can’t say that I’ve had the same experience of the toilets in Heathrow or Gatwick – I’ve always found them to be well maintained.

However it’s worth contacting them given the issue:

http://www.heathrowairport.com/help/contact-us/feedback

http://www.gatwickairport.com/contact-us/

1F

LuganoPirate
    Participant

I had the misfortune to be caught short just after leaving the T5 arrivals lounge. A quick dash and I find I agree with pdt, though not too bad. Just a bit pongy!

A good example for all airports to follow is Zurich. Spotless at all times.

CityRiskBoy
    Participant

Ive always found the toilets in LHR T5 to be fine, nice and clean and smelling fresh. What terminal/s are you referring to?

lloydah
    Participant

Nice terminal 1. Down the stairs – the smell often hits you as it ascends. First time ever I’ve seen a long queue for the gents. Didn’t help that I took a wrong turn and ended up in the ladies – wondered why they were all cubicles! – then had to join the end of the queue again.

esselle
    Participant

Years ago, in T2 at LHR, there were signs on the toilets near to one gate area announcing that the toilets in question were exclusively for the use of departing passengers……………of course they were ignored!

Chardie
    Participant

*Note to self, idea for new website dedicated to reviewing public lavatories*

*Name for new website to be C**padvisor.com*

StewartKidd1
    Participant

I have a copy of the 1965 ‘Good Loo Guide’ – or ‘Guide Porcelaine’ – sadly although describing where to go in London it omits any references to LHR.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls