Airport tax

Back to Forum
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• Anonymous

MartynSinclair
    Participant

I wonder if someone could clarify about airport tax.

Does the final destination contribute to the amount of tax. Here’e the scenenario:

A family of 4 flying London to Toronto in the summer. Flying from LHR to Pearson Airport costs around £250 each in airport tax. If the final destitnation was a commuter airport say 100 miles west of Toronto, my inital research is showing that the airport tax is reduced and the savings more than compensate for the cost of a limo into the city. Agreed for one pax, this may not be worth it but for a family of 4, it start to amount up.

Are the any tips around for families to reduce airport tax by choosing end destinations.

This was recently highlighted for me when using a BA flight. I had 2 European desitanations and an overnight stop. I routed back through London, stayed overnight at chez Sinclair and then took the first flight out to my second destination. This meant i was paying only transiting airport tax for the “second sector” as appose to a full airport departure tax.

All very confusing.

Any help would be greatly recieved.

VintageKrug
    Participant

i before e except after c!

There are a few interesting scenarios which can reduce the taxes, but will write more later. One has to be somewhat circumspect about such opportunities otherwise their publication becomes rather self-defeating.

MartynSinclair
    Participant

aha – my new English teacher. Thank you

Yours sincerely

Martyn Sinclair

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls