Airline helpline contact numbers

Back to Forum
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

• Tom Otley
    Keymaster

I saw another thread where someone was requesting this, so I thought I’d start a thread and keep updating it.

I’ll edit it to keep them in alphabetical order

American Airlines +44 (0)844 369 9899

Bangkok Airways +44 (0)1293 813961

British Airways +44 (0)3444 930787  

Delta +1 (800) 241-4141

Emirates +44 344 800 2777

Easyjet +44 (0)330 365 5000

Etihad +44 (0)345 608 1225

Lufthansa +44 (0) 371 945 9747

Qatar Airways +44 (0)330 024 0127

Ryanair 0330 1006 996

Swiss +44 345 601 09 56

United Airlines +44 (0)207-136-0582

Virgin Atlantic 0344 412 2414

5 users thanked author for this post.

openfly
    Participant

Thanks Tom. Great idea. I don’t think that the 03 numbers are available outside the U.K. though.

Tramor01
    Participant

I believe 03 numbers should be accessible from outside the UK
    O3 are local rate non geographical numbers.
    You are only charged at the local rate rather than at the national rate (when calling from a landline) regardless of where you are in the UK. As such they should also work from outside the UK

MartynSinclair
    Participant

Tom, with more and more mobiles including overseas numbers as part of inclusive minutes, it is sometimes easier/quicker to call overseas call centres to get a response. I realise we have to be sensible, but could a number in USA, Asia and Australia be included.

Without complicating matters – is it possible for a box or excel be included into the thread to make it easier to read…(on the basis overseas call centres can be included).

capetonianm
    Participant

Probably worth mentioning here that http://www.saynoto0870.com gives geographical alternatives to 08 and 03 numbers which possibly can’t be dialled from outside UK, or which carry higher costs.

1 user thanked author for this post.

Tom Otley
    Keymaster

[quote quote=882102]Tom, with more and more mobiles including overseas numbers as part of inclusive minutes, it is sometimes easier/quicker to call overseas call centres to get a response. I realise we have to be sensible, but could a number in USA, Asia and Australia be included.

Without complicating matters – is it possible for a box or excel be included into the thread to make it easier to read…(on the basis overseas call centres can be included).[/quote]

Good point. I’m putting links to the contact number pages where I can find them behind the airline names so if you click on that it takes you to the main page and local or international numbers are sometimes accessible from there.

I’ve also started a list of all the lost property office numbers of every airport worldwide.

It’s been a very slow day.

3 users thanked author for this post.

MartynSinclair
    Participant

[quote quote=882114]I’ve also started a list of all the lost property office numbers of every airport worldwide.[/quote]

There’s an interesting thread – “I lost property and lost property office found it”

Appreciate the work Tom – thank you..

CathayLoyalist2
    Participant

Openfly. I have used the 03444 number from Spain and it is fine

1 user thanked author for this post.

BPP
    Participant

Hi Tom
    Just to let you know that Qatar Airways have their own dedicated lost property dept at LHR-T4. Phone number is +44 (0) 208 976 5628. Very helpful they are too!
    BPP

LuganoPirate
    Participant

Very useful, thanks Tom, though I have a feeling that this will become and endless task?
    Just as useful would be contact numbers in other countries. While I agree with Martyn many people have all inclusive phone minutes, many don’t, and using (Swisscom in my case) other non-uk operators can be very expensive, as can using a hotel phone.

More useful I think would be real numbers for lost or delayed baggage, rather than the pre-recorded message you get on an endless loop. I use to have one for Swiss in Zurich which bypassed the pre-recorded one, but as I never used it I seem to have lost it! But they do exist as shown by BPP giving the QR one. If i come across it I’ll share it with you Tom for inclusion in your directory.

Tom Otley
    Keymaster

Thank you

It’s definitely an endless task, but that means we can keep it updated and it might be useful. The links behind some of the airlines take you to a page whcih then asks you to seelct your contry and in that way find the most relevant number for help.

Funnily enough, the Lost Property offices of airports (at least in the UK) seems to be run by a couple of companies – Bagport UK and The Excess Baggage Company, neither of whom seem to keen to talk, perhaps because their contract is with the airport, and according to at least one of the, the terms are confidential !

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls