Airline charge for miles ticket

Back to Forum
Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)

• Senator
    Participant

In BA’s defence, or perhaps setting a few other poor examples the fees I am paying now are consistent with what I paid last summer on AF/KLM to the US as well as the quotes from LH M&M.

My gripe with this is more towards LH. At least BAEC does not charge fuel surcharge on partners that do not incur this themselves. LH M&M and AF/KLM FB does..

RichHI1
    Participant

BA has implemented many changes in contracts, benefits and other provisions along with Mixed Fleet crewing under the leadership of Mr Walsh which would not be achievable in the US without Chapter 11 which is why virtually every major US carrier has used he process. AA has merely chosen to be last in the process due to a reluctance to disadvantage stockholders and its loyal workforce. I do not infer you believe BA has not improved its commercial position with respect to its union contracts, given the multiple prior postings you have made.

VintageKrug
    Participant

What profit did AMR report last full year?

RichHI1
    Participant

You the answer to that but you also know that a P&L needs to be read wihin the full statement of accounts. BA were reorting losses in recent times and the masses were clamouring for Mr Walsh’s head but it did not mean they were bankrupt, merely adjusting their business to changed conditions

http://mobile.bloomberg.com/news/2012-05-11/british-airways-owner-iag-has-eu249-million-loss-on-fuel-iberia.html

HarryMonk
    Participant

Seems like this thread has turned into another pi55ing contest

RichHI1
    Participant

Sorry for that, just being pedantic on interpretation of terms. Back to topic, to me free means free- period. No wall needed. Safe travels.

VintageKrug
    Participant

AMR incurred a $1Billion loss in 2011.

’nuff said.

RichHI1
    Participant

IAG Chairman Antonio Vazquez said in an interview. “I don’t think a minority stake right now makes sense because the company (AMR) is going through a totally different process. It’s not a question of equity.”

Or do we need to start CPA 101?

EDIT Apologies UK term would be FCA 101 I believe.

HarryMonk
    Participant

seconds out, round two !!!

RichHI1
    Participant

No, I think both parties accept the other’s final position. It is reasonable that airlines maximize revenue. BA choose to levy FFB whereas AA choose other routes. The discussion on corporate solvency and financing is better left to another forum as investing in airline stocks is an arcane skill better left to those whose livelihood is based on it , apart from a dilutory investment to obtain discounts. Anyone investing over 4 figures should seek professional advice they can sue on….
    Whilst I often disagree with some posters I always respect their right to differ and given the UK market it would be hard to gainsay the IAG response as an investor , as a pax however…

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls