Airline Call Centres – Left on Hold

Back to Forum
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

• Anonymous

LuganoPirate
    Participant

Seems this chap was left holding on for 15 hours! Why anyone would stay on the phone for 15 hours is beyond me but there we are?

Longest I’ve held on for was 8 minutes with Swiss and 10 with BA.

Can anyone beat the Aussie?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2182705/Qantas-leaves-customer-hold-15-HOURS.html

stevescoots
    Participant

i waited 40 mins on BA once, 20 mins on Qatar.

longest i have done was 02 last year

3 phones simultaniously, (2 mobiles and skype) to 3 different 02 numbers. The option that I wanted to leave 02 was the first to be picked up just after 2 hours, I left the others on hold on the call and 30 minutes later they still had not been answered before i hung off. I got 02 to refund the costs of the hold as i was calling from HK at the time!

Papillion53
    Participant

I held on for about 1-1/2 hours with BAEC on the first day of the Ash cloud in 2010, think ABZ was the first airport to close that morning and we were on the first flight out to connect in London for a trip to Italy. They refused to refund our flight as the flight went from LGW which was still open at the time of my call. I did say we couldn’t obviously get there but still refused as we were not booked on a BA flight to LGW – only we were, Flybe booked on the BA website and with a BA codeshare. Still refused to refund. Flybe refund automatic.

Mind you while I was holding I was searching for a Spa Hotel that we could drive to as I just knew this was not going to disappear in a day!

We did finally get to Capri, only one year later! LOL!

LuganoPirate
    Participant

Better late than never Papillion? 😉

Steve, you bring up a point. I’ve not had long waits with airlines but I have with other service providers such as banks, credit card co’s etc. I’ve never thought to ask for my call costs back. Did they actually refund in the end?

stevescoots
    Participant

lugano,

they did refund, 02 had record of the call from my 02 mobile but i had to provide the bill from my china telecom mobile

LuganoPirate
    Participant

Thanks Steve, I’ve just saved £15.

I had to transfer money from my uk bank account to my S. African one. As it was over their miserable limit I had to call them and waited 15 mins to be put through. I had a moan about the wait and said they should refund my call cost and without a blink, the lady replied, we can’t do that but I will waive the transfer fee.

Result!!!

stevescoots
    Participant

good result!

it goes to show if you can provide some proof you can get refunds if a wait is…unreasonable. I woudl define longer than 10 minutes as unreasonable, the average time you would spend waiting to talk to someone in a bank, shop etc

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls