Airline alliance branding

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

• Anonymous

vikflys
    Participant

Hello All,

I am writing this message in connection to my previous posts concerning airline alliance survey request. Last year, I had posted an academic research survey on the passengers value perception of an airline alliance. Further to your requests, I am sharing herewith the results of 192 frequent flyers who participated in the survey.

http://www.flipsnack.com/BA8EEFBA9F7/data-revised.html

I thank you for your help

Kind Regards
    Vik

TheRealBabushka
    Participant

Whatever does “I feel a sense of travelling with…” mean???
    Were these questions not reviewed by an English speaker before publishing?

NTarrant
    Participant

TheRealBabushka +1

vikflys
    Participant

Hello,

Thank you very much indeed for your message

The question is meant to understand, if the passengers’ feelings corresponds to what the airline brand stands for.

Kind Regards

Charles-P
    Participant

Do I regard Star Alliance as “cheerful” and “delightful” !

What utter nonsense.

canucklad
    Participant

Hi Vik

I’ve completed your survey, however it took me along a surprising path, presumably because I of the long haul question…..as a result most of my questions related to Skyteam and Air Franceand not how I “feel” about alliances generally…..

So I’m adding a bit more to your survey…….
    My feelings towards airline alliances can be summoned up with the following words…..

Anti-competition
    Anti –customer service
    Mangled messages
    Inconsistency
    FFP driven loyalty (Blackmail)

Only in the airline industry could we allow competing companies to join together to limit, free trade and choice…… If Tesco, Asda & Aldi tried to create an alliance it would be deemed a to be a cartel and stopped !!

Carajillo2Sugar
    Participant

canucklad – you have a point and I would add it’s the mergers (takeovers!) in various markets that are also stifling competition (AA/US UA/CO BA/BD)

LuganoPirate
    Participant

I think Airline branding is money wasted to PR and marketing consultants that could result in lower fares instead. I couldn’t care less what they say about being friendly, cheerful, etc since at the end of the day the experience of the airline is down to the ground staff and on-board crew.

I choose my route and look at the fares and then decide who I’ll fly with.

Charles-P
    Participant

LuganoPirate – could not agree more. Any ‘frequent flyer status’ I have is simply a result of flying a lot. I have zero loyalty to any airline in the same way they have zero loyalty to me. My flights are chosen almost entirely on route, timing and price with a couple of exceptions based on previous experience of good service.

DavidGordon10
    Participant

Carajillo and Canuck …. well, yes, but up to a point. It depends on your pattern of travel. If what you do is varied, then airline alliances can be very useful to the traveller. I have gold cards on SAS, and on AF/KLM. My Star Alliance flights are now more often Swiss than SAS, but the gold card pays for my breakfast in the lounge on the way out from LHR to GVA, and my drinks and dinner on the way back. If I was on a “Swiss only” loyalty card, then I would never fy enough to qualify. The fact that the *A gold card is in my hand means that when I have a choice (for example, between LHR and CPH, still one of my regular routes) I choose SAS rather than BA, so SAS get the business, just as TK get the business when I am off to central Asia, and so on.

Similarly, when off to Africa I am more likely to choose AF than BA because I like the use of the lounges in CDG for any stopover, and it means I choose Delta for my Europe to PHL flight, rather than BA, so another Sky Team partner gets the business (and Korean to Seoul, not BA, etc.).

So, Canuck, I don’t see airline alliances as anticompetitive: I see them as offering benefits to me which – to me – are worth paying for. I could take EZY between London and GVA, but if I factor in the cost of my breakfast, then Swiss gets the business and I keep the gold card.

vikflys
    Participant

Hello All,

Thank you very much indeed for your messages. We have received opinions from all sides of the compass. And,your responses have provided very interesting insights about airline alliances.

Last year, we completed a survey, which was designed purely for academic purposes. This survey was developed to understand the passenger’s value perceptions of an airline alliance. Further to your requests, we have shared the results of that survey in this forum.

This year, we are conducting another survey for academic purposes, and the objective of this survey is to understand the brand relationships between an airline alliance and an alliance carrier.It appears that both the airline alliances and the alliance carriers are in a process of building and positioning their brand. How passengers perceive the airline alliance’s and alliance carrier’s brand from different regions of the world remains unanswered. Hence, the objective of this survey

We have used some attributes which are often used by marketing (branding) researchers’ to understand consumers’ perception of a brand, in this case, the airline alliance and alliance carrier’s brands.I hope your responses can provide better insights in to this unexplored area.

Thank you very much indeed again for your help and support. I am looking forward to receive your responses for this survey

Kind Regards
    Vik

vikflys
    Participant

Hello Fellow Members,

This is to inform you all that the survey is up and running properly

We had some minor issues for navigating in the survey, and everything is sorted and alright now So,please excuse me for this inconvenience,

You can use the survey now.

I am looking forward to receiving your responses and I will appreciate your participation in this survey.

Kind Regards
    Vik

vikflys
    Participant

Hello Fellow Members,

This is to inform you all that, for navigating and completing the survey, you can use the back and next button placed at the bottom of the survey (webpages).

Unfortunately, you cannot save the survey and re-use it later.

For the rest, the survey is up and running properly. So,please feel free to use the survey anytime

I am looking forward to receiving your responses and I will appreciate your participation in this survey.

Kind Regards
    Vik

jonascorbyn
    Participant

The best brands always put consumers first. Not only by those the brand and slogan they represent, it should be on the brand vision.

Regards,
    Jonas of http://eatmywords.com/

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls