Air travellers’ opinion needed

Back to Forum

This topic contains 19 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by  LuganoPirate 10 Aug 2015
at 16:19

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)

• FDOS_UK
    Participant

I love the way that airlines set questions to their pax….

“Would you rather be beaten on the soles of your feet with iron bars or have a bag of crisps as your main meal on all flights from 1300-1700?’

“If you had to sacrifice your first born or earn FF miles at a new and reduced rate of 20%, which would you prefer?’

‘Which concerns you the least? (a) an outbreak of Ebola in your home town, (b) a nuclear waste accident near your place of work or (c) your seat area has not been cleaned?’

FaroFlyer
    Participant

The survey question that drives me mad is: Did we meet your expectations, with alternatives of exceeding or failing to meet.
    These surveys seem to be sent out by companies who’s rooms, flights, service will be poor.
    I would only have booked that room, for example, because there was no realistic alternative so, I expected the hotel to be bad. If it is bad, did it meet my expectations? If it was worse than I had expected did it exceed my expectations?

LuganoPirate
    Participant

Going back to the OP, this was probably one of the better written survey’s I’ve come across on this forum.

Mr. Michael, KLM for LON – AMS as I think they have a better Economy / Business Class than BA.

BA over KLM to NY as they have a First which KLM eliminated some years ago.

Easy jet don’t fly to NY and even if they did I wouldn’t fly them. Bit hypocritical in a way as I have EZJ shares and they’ve done rather well!

MrMichael
    Participant

LP, I have shares in Ryanair, they have done pretty well too, have never flow them though, I rely on Canucklad for a decent return. I have flown Easyjet though, and found it not too bad. So you owe me a flight on Ryanair LP! Although the flights might be crap, the Chief Exec is first class.

Strangely I also have shares in Primark (ABF) and would never shop there, although my two girls love the place.

LuganoPirate
    Participant

Well MrMichael, I’m afraid I’d never give something to someone I wouldn’t use myself, so I’m sorry but you’ll have to fly MoL Air without me 😉

You’re right about the shares though and I’m sorry I didn’t go in when they were around €6. The only thing that put me off was the lousy option premium which is what attracted me to IAG and EZJ. ABF has been a great performer and plenty of rich premium and has been one of my long term holdings. Better stop before we’re accused of turning this into an investment forum, but it is what pays for my travel so sort of counts I guess?

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
BTUK October 2018 issue
BTUK October 2018 issue
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls