Air Traffic Controllers in France on strike – possible UK flight delays

Back to Forum
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

• BugAdvisor
    Participant

I’m flying BA from LHR later (not to France) and received this email:

British Airways would like to apologise for any delay or disruption to your journey today due to Air Traffic Control capacity restrictions in Europe. Air Traffic Controllers in France are currently on strike, with many flights into and out of France delayed. If you are not travelling to France and your flight is delayed, you may be rerouted to avoid French Airspace.
    Some flights will be boarding on-time and will subsequently experience a delay on the ground after departure; this enables us to apply for the earliest possible arrival slot into your destination. If this applies to your flight, the gate staff will inform you of this via announcements. If we are not able to board you on time this is due to our inbound flights also being delayed.
    Please make your way to the airport for your original departure time and check-in as normal; it may be possible for us to reduce any delay. Our airport colleagues are available to answer any questions you may have, and we would like to thank you in advance for your patience and understanding.
    You can also check on the latest status of your flight via ba.com/travel/flightstatus.

Alsacienne
    Participant

Well at least in France it’s the law that a pre-strike warning has to be given ….

There are plenty more strikes in Europe planned for May … not necessarily in France … have a look here https://www.tcs.ch/fr/camping-voyages/informations-touristiques/calendrier-greves/ .

This is a Swiss site, and sorry, in French, German and Italian only, but it’s easy to read between the lines so to speak. Expanding each ‘strike’ by clicking on the + sign should provide more useful information.

1 user thanked author for this post.

pheighdough
    Participant

All the information can be found in the public Eurocontrol NOP https://www.public.nm.eurocontrol.int/PUBPORTAL/gateway/spec/index.html

2 users thanked author for this post.

canucklad
    Participant

Pourquoi ?

miningguy
    Participant

I booked a flight with BA yesterday to fly this evening from MAN > LHR (tomorrow AM) > KBP. I was unaware of the strike. My fault I suppose for missing it in the news, but I was rather surprised that the guy on the phone at BA did not inform me of this before I booked – instead I got an email this morning with the news.

Regardless of this, flights MAN > LHR so far appear unaffected this PM.

LuganoPirate
    Participant

A useful site, thanks. I’m a TCS member and never knew this existed. I just hope my flight to London on the 15th will not be cancelled!!

capetonianm
    Participant

I am surprised they didn’t time it to cause maximum disruption at the Cannes Film Festival (14-25MAY) and/or the MCM F1 GP (26MAY).

Still, there’s time for another strike

christopheL
    Participant

French Air Traffic Controllers are probably aware of your travel program and it seems that you won’t fly over France between 14th and 26th May !

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls