Air New Zealand B767-300ER Business (short haul)

Back to Forum
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• Anonymous

mikew40
    Participant

Business class AKL to PER – flight downgraded to 767-300 from the 777-200 which normally serves this route. t

The international Koru Lounge at Auckland was busy as ever – it feels a little tired and overcrowded. However I found a comfortable spot to sit. Fairly slim pickings at the lunch buffet however there was no shortage of choice when it came to quality Kiwi wines and beers.

I boarded via priority lane which was well organised.

I had a window seat on this flight. Business seats on this aircraft are recliner style airchairs in a 2 – 2 – 2 configuration. There is masses of leg room and actually this seat I think feels more comfortable in seat mode than does the full lie flat bed offered by airNZ on its 777 and 747 fleet. Recline is fairly generous and I managed a good midafternoon snooze, but clearly the difference between this and the usual lie flat product is telling.

Food are drink were up to usual high air NZ standards. Pre departure drinks were offered and orders taken for drinks after take off. I had a fish main course which was excellent. The cheese board was spectacular. A nice afternoon tea of fruit salad and warmed scones was served before landing.

Service was a little disappointing – efficient without ever being particularly warm and chatty.

On landing in Perth I cleared immigration quickly and the wait for baggage was minimal. I was outside the terminal within 20 mins of landing.

Overall a pretty good flight – I’d not been looking forward to the 767 business seat but really for a fairly short 7 hour day time flight like this it is absolutely fine.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls