Air miles should be axed (or taxed) to deter frequent fliers, report advises

Back to Forum
Viewing 3 posts - 46 through 48 (of 48 total)

• IanFromHKG
    Participant

[postquote quote=974034][/postquote]

I believe that at large international airports runways are up to 80 meters wide. I don’t imagine taxiways are much wider. It would have to be an incredibly slow truck if it couldn’t turn through 90 degrees and move 100 meters in ten seconds or so to get off a taxiway, and I’m damn sure it could do so far faster and more easily than a passenger jet

canucklad
    Participant

[quote quote=972868]Push people onto the train. Anything where you have at least say 1 train an hour on an hourly basis and journey average on an Intercity service is under 3/4 hours – then tax them for all they’re worth. If that changes peoples habits and culture around flying these sectors then great.[/quote]

Actually, when you look at the industry as a whole , rail travel is more environmentally (in the UK) unfriendly than aviation. And will remain so until coal fired power stations disappear and rail tracks are made from something else other than high grade steel

Polly
    Participant

I got mine in 1981 when living in Dallas. Nice memories. We flew to a different state every month from DFW. Very bad for the environment, sadly. But free flights were free flights back then.
    Reply to Mikeact, re his AA card.

Viewing 3 posts - 46 through 48 (of 48 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls