‘Air Miles’ First vs ‘Paid’ Club World

Back to Forum
Viewing 2 posts - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)

• RichHI1
    Participant

All airlines like any other business have good days and bad days but it sounds like you had a rough trip.
    As to the negative assumption of BA crew, surely it is not unknown for equipment to be held over at a non base station for a day or two if it has gone tech and requires parts to be flown in?

magnus77
    Participant

A rough trip indeed, regarding the seat and aircraft, that was the reason or should I say excuse offered by the cabin crew when the lights went out and I couldnt see!!! I would be sceptical of the answer given however we had the same captain on the outbound sector as the inbound sector a week later and BA has hundreds of captains also!! As he shares the same name as a famous british playwright who died in 1973 so its easily remembered !!! BA crew in general have been top draw always, however these were not a good advert for BA. VK to offer club food maybe making the best of it, but to offer Y food is a bit cheap and tacky. This situation however ingenius is not what one requires or expects from a premium product to not have enough food is bordering on insanity especially as YVR has no dine in lounge facility like JFK et al.On a brighter note, one up for BA as there 1st lounge at YVR is a vast improvement :). Indeed all airlines do have off days as do we all but regardless of whether it miles or cash you expect decent service after all you spend enough with them to have accrued the necassary miles to expect some reward for your loyalty that I am afraid is lost on BA at the moment.

Viewing 2 posts - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls