Air Malta A320 (Two class) Business

Back to Forum
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• Anonymous

DontTurnRight
    Participant

Prior to the flight had spent 7 hours in the Etihad lounge (used by Air Malta) in Terminal 4 at LHR (we had flown in earlier from Vancouver), which to my mind, is by far the most intimate and professional of the lounges at the Airport. Staff were professionally attired and food offerings were top notch. Had an excellent shower and leg and foot massage in the lounge spa as well. Free phone calls within the UK are also offered.

Boarding to the flight was punctual and prompt, though we were delayed for 50 minutes due to an ACT failure at LHR. Drinks were offered to ease the wait (the first time I have seen this happen on Air Malta). Service throughout the flight was excellent with a delicious pasta (An Air Malta staple) and a packed tray of other food. Drinks flowed very freely throughout the flight especially to the row on front of us, though we did pretty well ourselves. Champagne and wine still are served in a tumbler, which diminishes the effect somewhat and it would also be good to get some nuts with the pre-dinner drink and even a solitary chocolate with coffee at the end of the meal. The cost of this to the airline would be minimal.

Hot towels were provided post take off and prior to Landing and my two nine year old children were made extremely comfortable with extra pillows provided. Nothing was too much trouble for the crew.

The couple in front of us were ecstatic about the service, with one of then having never experienced Air Malta before.

Arrival in Malta was marred by the wait for all passengers to get off the plane and board one of the two buses, which then drove no more than 150 yards to the terminal building. Baggage reclaim was prompt.

All in all, an excellent flight, with all signs that Air Malta is beginning to move in the right direction.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls