Air Malta A319 Business

Back to Forum
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• Anonymous

ManxFlyer
    Participant

As a previous poster (DoS and Formerly DoS) always had a high opinion of Air Malta I decided to try them for a recent break in Malta. This flight was LGW to MLA in Club Class.

Travelling with the family so checked in at the airport – dedicated line for Club Class, straight to the desk, and boarding cards received with correct seats allocated (row 2). Proceeded upstairs and used the Premium channel for security. Security personnel were pleasant and efficient and we were through to departures in no time at all.

Air Malta use the Servisair lounge at LGW which has been renamed Aspire, although if this lounge is what one aspires to then you need to set your aspirations a bit higher!! Its a fairly small lounge, although it has a great view over the runway. Fixtures and fittings seem a bit old and tatty and the selection of food and drinks is not great, but it is adequate for an hour or so before your flight.

Flight left from one of the satellite gates so it was a long hike down to the gate where boarding commenced just after we arrived with priority boarding for Club Class. Welcomed on board by the purser who assisted with hand luggage and offered orange juice or water when seated.

Seating is 2-2, with the back of the middle seat folded down to create a table. Legroom was more than adequate and the seats quite comfortable for a short flight. Shortly after take off orders for drinks were taken and these were served on a tray to your seat rather than by trolley. Fairly decent champagne was offered (and accepted) and shortly after lunch was served.

This consisted of an excellent mozzarella and tomato salad, followed by a choice of chicken or salmon, and then profiteroles for dessert. This was accompanied by two different types of freshly baked Maltese bread rolls. I had the chicken (my wife had the salmon) and the quality of the meal was very good – it certainly beats anything I have been served in Club Europe on BA in the last few years. Trays were quickly cleared and hot drinks and liquers were then offered. The Purser was on hand throughout the flight, and made regluar trips into the cabin to offer further drinks etc.

Landed on time in Malta, swiftly through immigration and although the priority tagged baggage wasn’t first it was at least in the first third of bags which were delivered quite quickly and we were on our way to our hotel within 20 minutes of landing.

All in all an excellent flight and I would highly recommend anyone flying to Malta to use Air Malta. Their Club Class was how flying business class in Europe used to be (at least where BA is concerned).

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls