Air India – the good old days

Back to Forum
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• AMcWhirter
    Participant

This was the Air India in its ‘maharajah’ days.

At that time the SE Asians were not dominant in Europe, let alone the Gulfies.

cwoodward
    Participant

The ‘good old days of Air India’ were a very long time ago and there have been many of ‘bad years’ since.
    Hopefully with new well funded and professional owners the good times will soon return.

1 user thanked author for this post.

Mark
    Participant

Just can’t see AI returning to her “glory days”
    Unless a company like SQ whip these employees into the quality/customer mindset, nothing will improve this flee ridden old dog.

1 user thanked author for this post.

ESKY777
    Participant

Maybe one of the first things to do is for management and the new CEO to give closer attention to detail, have more oversight on PR and marketing and to not use the image of an aircraft which was involved in an awful tragedy. The 747 in the image crashed off the coast of Bombay shortly after take off with the loss of all on board. The investigation found pilot error to have been the main cause of the accident.

Derek1948
    Participant

I remember back in the mid nineties my wife and I had booked a holiday to India and had promised ourselves Business class seats to Madras (Chennai as it is now). BA and Air France were both about the same cost as Air India first so we booked with them.
    I think there were 8 or 10 seats in the cabin and they were they big armchair type. Not fully flat but good enough to sleep in. Food was trolly service and first time I had lobster thermidor! Was an uneventful flight and ended with being given a bottle of Dom Perignon as it was our 25th wedding anniversary. Flight home was another story!!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls