Air France wants to reduce ground staff numbers

Back to Forum
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• AMcWhirter
    Participant

Union sources have said Air France wants to cut the number of ground staff at some French airports.

The airline is reported to be announcing its plans on May 13.

According to this report from Bfmtv.com “the airline wants to reduce the size of its short and medium-haul business in the face of competition from low-cost airlines.”

Let us hope passengers will not have to face industrial action in the coming months.

https://www.bfmtv.com/economie/air-france-vise-465-suppressions-de-postes-au-sol-en-france-1687019.html

capetonianm
    Participant

I think is reasonable to assume that this will lead to syndicate action (=strikes).

By most reckonings AF is overstaffed and needs to trim down. If they can manage this with packages for some of the older people they may go quietly, thus avoiding the above.

AF’s ground staff, particularly at CDG, always seemed to me to be the Achilles’ Heel of the airline on the occasions, thankfully few, when I had to fly with them. Excellent in the air, dreadful on the ground.

canucklad
    Participant

[quote quote=933550]Excellent in the air, dreadful on the ground.[/quote]

Agreed , although I do recall a few pleasant ground staff at CDG, so not going to tar the whole of the sassy masses

On an aside, Macron must be wondering how he’ll spin the 5% increase in Frances unemployment rate if the layoffs go ahead : )

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls