AIR FRANCE – unresponsive

Back to Forum
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

• Anonymous

FlyingFramer
    Participant

Why do AF completely ignore reasonable and polite letters addressed to Air France at Manchester airport? Can someone give me some advice what to do next? Is there a better address to use?
    I for one did not suceed in getting my products into over 50 countries by completely ignoring my customers.

Sheliamd
    Participant

Try the following as like you I never got a reply to my emails
    I managed to get this address after a particularly bad day
    at City Airport.
    Customer Service, PO Box 34435.London W6 7XP
    and finally got a reply to complaints.

Regards
    S

FlyingFramer
    Participant

Thank you S – I will try that address. Being totally ignored is so rude and infuriating, which pushes people to use forums like this one.
    Wish me luck!

FlyingFramer
    Participant

2 weeks since I wrote and still no reply.
    Is it any wonder customers get annoyed?
    How long should I wait until I send a 4th letter?

RebeccaBallatine
    Participant

FlyingFramer – I read the print edition of Business Traveller and the letters page has both praise and complaints from passengers like yourself and sometimes the airlines reply. maybe give that a try?

FlyingFramer
    Participant

Rebecca – thanks for the suggestion. IMHO nobody is interested in my complaint – only ME! I once won Letter of the Month in BT for saying I was fed up reading about travellers minor complaints and grievences in the Letters section. We who travel frequently are very fortunate to see so much of the world, staying in nice hotels, and eating in interesting restaurants. And sure things sometimes go wrong – but I believe its up to the supplier and the customer to sort out the problem without involving all the other FF’s by writing to BT.
    There was a letter years ago in BT about a Malaysian who had flown RTW without a glitch, apart from a minor visa problem in Canada. He still caught his plane, but wrote to BT to tell the world he was delayed at passport control. Was anyone really interested to read that – I think not!

FlyingFramer
    Participant

Well its now 4 weeks since my last letter and still no reply.
    It’s 8 weeks since my first letter.
    I didn’t grow my exports by ignoring my customers

Anyone got any suggestions?

Travelling4Fun
    Participant

I found a similar problem with an airline choosing to ignore me which you can read about on the Business Traveller discussion for frequent flyers under the heading ‘IBERIA – unresponsive’. I also put details on the Flyertalk Forum and the full chronology of events (emails/faxes/telephone calls etc) on a specially created blog : http://www.iberiaandcustomerservice.blogspot.com

In the end I found telling IBERIA what I had done (and giving them the web addresses of all the sites I had published on) got a response and there was some progress with my complaint. On Monday this week I wrote directly to the Chairman of IBERIA by fax. I don’t suppose he saw my fax but I was calm and reasonable and someone in this office must have passed my fax on to the right person to give me what I was due. No apology of course, and I still haven’t been given the name and contact details of a supervisor or manager to whom I can complain. However, faxing the Chairman got the result I really wanted and what I earned is now credited to my account.

FlyingFramer
    Participant

Now 10 weeks since my first letter, and 8 weeks since my last letter and still completely ignored byAir France.
    It’s the being ignored that so infuriates me!
    I am reluctant to take the drastic action that is suggested above, but their bad manners just pushes me to make this post, in the hope that my polite, and reasonable letters get dealt with – either a phone call, an e-mail, or just an old fashioned letter.
    Others may give up.
    I wont!

FlyingFramer
    Participant

Yesterday I went to the Customer “SERVICE” Desk at Manchester airport and asked them to give me address where I might get an answer. The lady told me “We do NOT have an address!” You must use the web site and contact us by e-mail

I will try that and keep you posted, but it beggars belief – an international airline that doesn’t have an address????

The French really know how to build a rapport with their customers!
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

LATER

Since writing this I have discovered a contact address- on their web site – in France. ( Training need at MAN AF Service desk!)

FlyingFramer
    Participant

I was at the airport last week and picked up an AF brochure entitled..

“AIR FRANCE the first airline to be certified for its service commitments”

It sets out 38 Standards of Performance.
    The last one states ” AF Customer Relations Dept. responds to customer complaints”
    But noticeably avoids stating how long they take !
    Needless to say I am still waiting for a response.

jimmys9
    Participant

have flown them a few times wrote them a few letters of complaints regarding baggage and on board fa’s never answered back no problem will never fly this pathetic airline

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls