Air France strike planned for February 22

Back to Forum
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• Alex McWhirter
    Participant

The strike may be called off nearer the time …

But it’s as well to be aware that 10 unions are threatening a strike at Air France on Thursday February 22.

The unions want a pay rise of 6 per cent for their members.

Air France is allowing passengers to rebook but with certain conditions attached.

More details from air-journal.fr [FR]

http://www.air-journal.fr/2018-02-20-air-france-la-greve-de-jeudi-maintenue-5194837.html

MarkivJ
    Participant

Air France strike?! Quelle surprise!

Edski777
    Participant

Well, as long as KLM makes a healthy profit the French can take another few days off.
    When will they start working in France? Maybe start a little slow? Like 4 weeks in a row?

Oh and replace the absolutely incompetent French civil servants they call the Air France/KLM management by some of those KLM managers would help as well.

Frustrated a bit? You would be if you had to attempt to fly with Air France.

capetonianm
    Participant

Luckily for me, although they often offer the lowest fares between ZA and EU, I’ve avoided them.for many years. A pity because when they’re not on strike, and in the air, they offer a good experience.

What lets them down is appalling mismanagement, a lousy hub, and revolting, in both senses of the word, ground staff. And the fact that they are French.

Alex McWhirter
    Participant

Tomorrow’s Air France strike is set to go ahead.

Management has this morning issued a list of flight cancellations.

A lot of short- and medium-haul flights are cancelled.

But 50 per cent of long-haul services are being axed.

Air France’s UK site has posted an advisory.

https://www.airfrance.co.uk/GB/en/common/page_flottante/hp/news-air-traffic-air-france.htm

capetonianm
    Participant

I’ll say one thing for AF – they are masters at dealing with flight disruption, having so much experience.

Fortunately I’m on Swiss tomorrow.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls