Air France Premium Voyageur (Premium economy)

Back to Forum
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• Anonymous

GCleary
    Participant

Pretty Dismal. I felt spectacularly ripped off!

I flew from Paris Charles De Gaulle to Hong Kong with my wife in November 2010.

We booked these seats at almost exactly double the cost for a standard economy seat.

On the plus side, the seats are larger than the economy seats and there is more cabin space around you. You also get double the baggage allowance.

However I found the seat to be desperately uncomfortable and almost impossible to sleep in. They slide/recline within the seat shell, and at 5’11” I seemed to be too tall to get comfortable. The seats were dirty and bits had broken off the shell.

The food was exactly the same as economy, and the service was absolutely appalling… we were largely ignored by the staff on the plane. This was in stark contrast to our previous year’s economy class trip on the same route at the same time, with the same carrier.

The return flight was delayed on the ground for 3 hours as the plane was overloaded and could not safely take off. We arrived in CDG to discover that our onward Air France flight had been cancelled. We queued from 9pm until 2.20am before being told that we could not get a hotel room and would be forced to spend the night asleep on chairs in CDG. As “compensation” we were offered a voucher for coffee and a Danish, then told that the cafe wouldn’t re-open until 7am.

We travel to Asia each year, and this was without doubt the worst trip we have ever had. I would strongly recommend staying well away from Air France, and the overpriced sloppy rip off that is Premium Voyageur.

AMIN1205
    Participant

Dear Sir,
    Thank you very much for your advice. In fact all Air France is getting very much like the Aeroflot in the good old Soviet days. This premium Economy in KLM or Air France is not worth the additional payment at all. Air France is also extremely poorly organized: their sales team have no idea how to include the Sky Team Airpasses when you purchase an intercontinental ticket.

I wonder when the company needs to be rescued by French Taxpayers?

Thanks

Christophe
    Participant

GCleary,
    Wich airline would you recommend for someone who wants to fly in premium economy (not business !) between Europe and Asia ?
    I personnally flew between HKG and CDG in premium economy and my experience was not as bad as yours. I will definitively fly again in AF premium voyageur.
    Do you think any other premium economy cabin would make it possible to sleep ? For my own, I can’t imagine sleeping in an plane when not in Business of First. Can you ?

Dear Amin,
    Your comparison between Air France and what you call the Aeroflot in the good Soviet days is pure non sense.
    Have you ever try either KLM and AF premium eco ? Both of them are very different, AF’s being much more confortable than KLM’s.
    Have you any idea of a premium economy cabin which would be more confortable than AF premium voyageur for the same price ?

AMIN1205
    Participant

Dear Christophe,
    Yes I have tried the premium economy, and as a Skyteam Platinum, I could do it for free.
    As far as I am concerned, I fully agree with GCleary, the staff on AF generally tends to be kind and helpful if you fly business or first, but for eco, then you are no one.
    Another absurd situation is that Flying Blue is closed from Friday evening till Monday morning, so if you have any thing to do, like changing your reward ticket, buying reward ticket etc… you cannot do that, you have to go to the next AF desk at the airport.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls